PDA

View Full Version : Intelli-mouses/meece?

karaoke
28th Sep 2002, 15:57
Up until this morning the auto-scroll function slid the pages up & down the screen like a greased weasel.
Now it's started to behave like my 17yr old daughter pulling away in my new car on kangaroo juice.
Whats up here ?

Background Noise
28th Sep 2002, 19:08
As it says at the top - what system are you using?

Try control Panel, Mouse, Wheel and play with the number of lines per wheel movement setting.

Any use?

Tinker
29th Sep 2002, 01:49
In my experience, rarely does anything on a puter go 'wrong' without a little human intervention. Can you think of anything you have changed, downloaded or installed inbetween your mouse functions working correctly and incorrectly.
If so try uninstalling them. Failing that if you are using WinMe or later use the system restore funtion (found from the start menu) and restore your system back to a time when you know all was well.(remembering that you will technicaly be losing anything you have installed after the point you restore to).

Eboy
29th Sep 2002, 07:42
You say IntelliMouse. If it is an optical Intellimouse, it may be part of a bad batch from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/letter.asp

My IntelliMouse died a few weeks ago as described in the link, and Microsoft said it would replace it. They said that the serial number was not part of the bad lot, but they'd replace it as under warranty.

It would be nice if Microsoft would not bury these notices deep in the support section of its web site, and with obtuse, haiku-length descriptors :-\

karaoke
29th Sep 2002, 14:57
Thanks for the replies guys, now works a treat.

I had just upgraded kazaa from 1.7 to 2.0, forgetting that the old one had been stripped of all its attendant rubbish following instructions from here some months back. After reading the thread re : Ad-Aware, I installed it and ran a diagnosis. You can guess the rest, 'bonzibuddy' and his mates were back. After deleting those and a few other interlopers, hey presto, smooth high-speed scrolling.

Cheers everyone.

:)