PDA

View Full Version : JAA ME/IR before type 737 WHY????

Stall4All
28th Sep 2002, 11:28
Does anyone know why since JAR-ops have been implemented we have to do an ME/IR before we can do a MP typerating???

I personally find this a load of moneycosting crap!

I have a 737 type on my german ATPL but to get this on my dutch JAA SE/IR license i have to get an ME/IR first(costing me 5000 euro)!

Why??
Does anyone have a way around this???

Grtz Stall

inbalance
28th Sep 2002, 15:53
Just wait untill germany finaly gets JAR FCL, then you donīt need the dutch license any more...

Stall4All
28th Sep 2002, 16:31
True! But that will still take a LONG time.They have been talking about becoming JAR for a long time now, and before it is finally adopted into german law will take at least till half next year. This due to VERY SLOW government processes in germany.

So I am wondering If there is a way way of getting a type on a dutch JAA/SE-IR license without getting a ME/IR first. It is offcourse utter stupidity for me to go and do an ME on a seneca when i am current on 737.

Is it for example possible to do a JAA Type/ME/IR in one sim check?
So if anyone's got any clue please enlighten me!!!

Grtz Stall

Freak On A Leash
28th Sep 2002, 20:02
Ehhh this may sound stupid, but couldn`t you just get a JAA examiner on jumpseat on one of your flights?The 737 is a multiengine aircraft and you fly under instrument flight rules, and you`re current on the 737...
Probably won`t work though... it would make too much sense:confused:

Have you tried asking JAA? www.jaa.nl

Gin Slinger
28th Sep 2002, 21:09
Freak - I doubt the passengers will enjoy it when the examiner reaches forward to yank one of the throttles for the asymmetric thrust section.

Nice idea though....

AMEX
28th Sep 2002, 21:17
Not to mention the PFL :D :D :D

Stall4All
28th Sep 2002, 22:21
Well thanks for the innovative idea!;-)

I can do a profcheck or examination on a 737 sim. But the JAR state you have to have a valid ME/IR before you can get the typerating. I guess the simcheck doesnt count as ME/IR check.

Has anybody had a simular experience??

Grtz Stall

Stall4All
29th Sep 2002, 10:51
Thanks for your reply, but the next problem is that i have 1100 hrs 737 and not the 1500 MP required to get a validation of a non JAR country and regretfully germany is, according to law ,still one!

Grtz Stall