PDA

View Full Version : Chris Gallegher

stator vane
27th Sep 2002, 22:00
not sure of the spelling of his name, but he was an Irish B737 captain with Virgin Express for some time in 1998-99 and then i heard went to Ryan.

i saw a saddening notice that he had a heartattack and was searching for some notices on this site but could not find any.

he was such a warm kind and humourous person and i am so sorry to hear that something like this has happened to him.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

hoping for the best.

robert patterson

Wing Commander Fowler
27th Sep 2002, 23:15
Please leave this thread alone right now........

B222
28th Sep 2002, 00:04
Wishing Chris Godspeed and hope he will be well soon

stator vane
28th Sep 2002, 16:13
when asked to leave this alone, i must have offended someone's superstition. didn't mean to. i lean more toward the possibility that prayer might help.

i spent time with him and came to like him but have not been in touch.

just wanted to know.

will be quiet about it now.

greenfield
29th Sep 2002, 20:39
Last I heard he was still unconscious in hospital in Brussels after suffering a heart attack at 7000 feet on take-off from Charleroi.

I came to know him quite well in Rome with VEX

He also flew extensively in Africa and Asia, with Silk Air, I think

All our prayers are with him and Angie,

B McC

VBO
1st Oct 2002, 10:05
Sorry to hear about Chris.
I'll remember him as a great guy. He always saw the bright side of things. Good and pleasant skipper.

BSCU
1st Oct 2002, 10:05
I met him when he was with GPA in Lagos 22 years ago. He is known throughout the industry as a very nice guy. Lets hope he makes a speedy recovery.

B737
2nd Oct 2002, 15:23
Is it same Capt who flew with Air malta and MAS-Malaysian airline system.I met him in sometime in 1991.

Very sorry to hear such bad new.

gengis
3rd Oct 2002, 10:23
Chris is an excellent bloke and in my books they don't come much better than him. Best wishes for a swift recovery, and maybe one day soon we'll have another 'Irish' at the pub together.