View Full Version : When is a MCC worth the money?

D02X
25th Jun 2001, 03:48
I am currently flying as an FO on a turboprop in The States. I have accumulated so far over 800 hours in a multicrew environment in aircraft over 5700kg (12500lbs). I am planning on applying for jobs in Europe. My question is whether a MCC course is required and will be of any help or not.
I can imagine that it's useful to get some highspeed and multicrew experience for pilots flying the smaller planes, but I have already some experience in that.
If a MCC course is worth the money, would it make a difference on what aircrafttype this is done? If trying to get on with Easyjet, I would guess it might be useful for the grading to get some 737 experience in the simulator, or not??
Furtheron I was wondering how the European airlines look at pilots that have experience with EFIS. Are the gradings performed in airplanes with EFIS even if an applicant doesn't have any experience with that?

Avenger
25th Jun 2001, 20:40
DO2X

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A UK OR JAA LICENSE THEN YOU MAY NOT NEED MCC TO GET A FOOT IN THE DOOR WITH OVER 500 HEAVY TURBINE. BUT, IF YOU HAVE THE FAA LICENSE YOU MAY NEED MCC BEFORE YOU CAN ENDORSE A MULTI CREW TYPE ON THE EUROPEAN LICENSE.
I WORK AS AN FO FOR A UK COMPANY THAT HAS BOTH T/PS OVER 20000KGS AND JETS, AS FAR AS I KNOW ALL OUR PEOPLE HAD TO HAVE MCC BEFORE THEY CAME ON BOARD. CAN,T SAY IF IT,S WORTH THE COST! BUT YOU MAY JUST NEED IT FOR EMPLOYMENT. AS YOU KNOW WITHOUT SOME MULTI CREW EXPERIENCE IT GET'S HOPELESS AT THE FRONT END!GOOD LUCK

D02X
27th Jun 2001, 07:45
Avenger,

Thanks for your reply. I do have my JAA license. But most of my flighttime, especially my multicrew and turboprop, is flown on my FAA license, will that make a difference?

PURPLE PITOT
28th Jun 2001, 12:53
You will need to ring the caa and confirm this but they have been giving "letters of exemption from MCC" to pilots with more than 500 hrs multi crew experience. hope this helps