PDA

View Full Version : Ansett Pilots, where are they now part X

ANFO
27th Sep 2002, 09:50
The number of ex-Ansett ('89-'01) pilots are employed at the following companies: AWOPS-47, Air Atlanta-13, Air Canada-1, Air Hokkaido-2, Air Japan-6, Air Mauritius-2, Air Pacific-8, Asiana-5, Cathay Pacific-3, CASA-3, Corporate Air-1, Dragon Air-7, Emirates-10, EVA AIR-9, Forstaff-22, Horizon-1, Korean-1, Mekong-4, Nat. Jet-8, NCA-5, Polynesian-3, Qantas-41, Qatar-3, RyanAir-3, SilkAir-13, SQ-29, Skynet-8, Trans Aust. Air Express.-7, Virgin Blue-28.

grange.guzzler
27th Sep 2002, 12:15
Dud info ANFO

3 Scabs at KE but none of them post collapse.

There will be no more.

GG

ANFO
28th Sep 2002, 02:10
No Grange, I'm right and you're wrong. I recall that you've made previous posts (from about a year ago), gleefully stating that there would be no "scabs" employed by the world's airlines. I have not made the above post to rub salt in what is an apparent open wound for you. The above post is only there to inform the aviation community of the employment situation for the Ansett ('89-'01) pilot body. I suppose that the thread will now be hijacked by the usual bitter and twisted suspects.

TheNightOwl
28th Sep 2002, 02:20
ANFO: Ignore the sad man, there are those of us no longer in the industry who like to keep up with the fortunes of the unfortunates. Keep the info coming, even if the Bitter and Twisted Ones manage to hi-jack the thread.

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl.

downwind
28th Sep 2002, 02:52
AN F/O,

How many AN 747-400 pilots got a start with QF on the 400???

what about the ex DC 9 drivers for VQ????

Pole Vaulter
28th Sep 2002, 03:52
ANFO

There are 4 currently flying at the SQ training school at Maroochydore also. As for our sad poster, who really takes any notice of this bunch anymore. They just distort the truth to try to satisfy they own failures. It must frustrate them no end to find most of the worlds airlines could not give a hoot about their long past and forgotton (except in their own minds) actions

CitizenXX
28th Sep 2002, 04:07
ANFO,

Plus about fifty in the pipeline for various airlines around the world.

It does indeed seem that if ever 89 was known by most airlines managements, then they've forgotten completely.

And why wouldn't they after 13 years (or even 13 days)?? It's only a few malcontents who cannot accept responsibility for their own foolish actions who perpetuate the myth.

Pole Vaulter,

Good post. My sentiments exactly.

Anybody,

Not being an enthusiast, I don't know which airline KE is. I know I'll come in for criticism from some for not having this vital piece of info at my fingertips, and I suppose I'm negligent for not doing so, but can anybody help me??

puff
28th Sep 2002, 05:11
Korean Airlines

CitizenXX
28th Sep 2002, 05:30
Puff, Thanks for the info.

GG,

How is it that they took three, but there will be no more?? Is there a diffeence between pre-collapse and post?? How are they getting along? No doubt they're social lepers in the Seoul expat community; no friends, nobody to eat that damned awful kimchi with. The Koreans are so proud of that horrible kimchi, aren't they? They brag in their inflight magazine that there are thousands of different recipes. But I digress.

Incidentally, I thought GG was for Governor General !

There are a few at Asiana, and all post collapse.

amos2
28th Sep 2002, 09:05
...does anybody really care?! :confused:

grange.guzzler
28th Sep 2002, 09:13
Citizen

At least your response was civil, as was my original. More than I can say for the other responses.
I merely point out that there are 3 guys ex Ansett at KE post 89. Each of those was recruited before the collapse of AN. Two are ex East West pre 89/ AN post 89. The other is a pommie blow in .
There have been none taken in since the collapse and, due to an agreement between the company and the union, there will be none in the foreseeable future.
No venom, no glee, just stating facts, to correct the erroneous information posted in the originating post.

GG

ANFO
28th Sep 2002, 12:17
Downwind, all the QF intakes from AN went on the 744. Um, who are/were VQ? Kimchi? Wonderful stuff and should be consummed with copious quantities of Cass! :D

Tool Time Two
28th Sep 2002, 15:58
No scabs in Mekong either - no money and no aircraft.:cool:

Sopwith Pup
28th Sep 2002, 22:42
ANFO

There are five or six ex AN pilots with QF on the 767. They started late last year as SOs and were made up to FOs for a temporary period to cover training. I believe they all now have FO slots and will not go back to SO.

downwind
29th Sep 2002, 01:34
AN F/O,

VQ code for Impulse (QF link), what I meant was how many many original AN 747-400 pilots went to QF to fly as S/O's or F/O's on the 747-400????:D

And the KD CRJ guys what are they doing???

CitizenXX
29th Sep 2002, 06:16
GG,

I agree - you are as I am, always civil; sometimes a little acid, but civil, and there's no harm in that.

I didn't suspect for a second, or indeed suggest, that you were gloating.

grange.guzzler
29th Sep 2002, 06:28
Citizen

Granted.
It was the pavlovian responses of the rabid trio, ANFO, Night Owl and Pole tweeker to which I take exception.

GG

VMCA
30th Sep 2002, 05:36
Those of the KD crj guys that did'nt get jobs with VB,QF,Easterns, I believe recieved job offers back with REX.

And of course a few left the industry altogether.

Overall its good to hear & see that many are getting back in the air.:D

backspace
30th Sep 2002, 09:29
Not sure of the numbers but a lot of the CRJ crew are with Virgin, a few with Qantas/Qantas Link and a few remain with REX.

amos2
1st Oct 2002, 01:00
Well, aren't Cx and GG getting on famously here?!
Beter watch yourself G...you know what they say about lying down with dogs!! ;)

grange.guzzler
1st Oct 2002, 01:56
Fear not brother Amos. I only said he was civil, in comparison to that other rabid trio.

I think you know which side of the fence I'm on. Will never jump it.

No powder please.

GG

CitizenXX
1st Oct 2002, 23:55
GG,

You are such a contrast with Amos.

grange.guzzler
2nd Oct 2002, 01:45
Maybe so. But I would buy him a beer.

You sir, I would not.

GG

The Enema Bandit
2nd Oct 2002, 01:54
Well at least he called you sir.

CitizenXX
2nd Oct 2002, 20:36
Can I try for a bundy & coke then??

Sir, indeed ! Very kind of you. My wife calls me 'Sir' only occasionally.

RHLMcG
3rd Oct 2002, 09:55
Even if you spell your wife's word incorrectly.

CitizenXX
3rd Oct 2002, 22:45
I'l have to do a Pauline Hanson here - please explain your cryptic post!

If they were all like you Mr RHLMcG, this would be an even more enjoyable place to look into occasioally.

And you can disregard the explanation request.

waterops
4th Oct 2002, 08:43
no please DO explain. I've tried weed, liquor and meditation but still have no idea what the h*ll RHLMcG is on about.

Bundy would be your best bet, I reckon. I sincerely doubt if "grange" guzzler has ever tasted a drop so fine.

Close call with amos, hey, GG? Are you two still best mates, then? Swapping lunches and holding hands in the playground?

amos2
5th Oct 2002, 03:34
...try Cur!...:rolleyes:

CitizenXX
6th Oct 2002, 23:09
That wouldn't be it amos.

'C' in that context is pronounced as a hard 'c' or 'k'.

'S' in 'Sir' is pronounced 's' as in 'snake'.

I'm sorry to have to once again give you a lesson in English, but somebody has to do so.

So, not only would RHLMcG have to spell it incorrectly, he'd have to pronounce it incorrectly. No, that wouldn't be it.

Tool Time Two
7th Oct 2002, 01:33
I think, CitizenXXXXXXXXX, you mean 'S' - as in 'SCAB'.:cool:

ANFO
7th Oct 2002, 11:50
It was only a matter of time....:rolleyes:

CitizenXX
7th Oct 2002, 19:52
ANFO,

I set the bait, and wasn't disappointed. They just don't seem to realize that they more they mention this ridiculous (to everyone but them) incident, and call names, they further erode their positions, and make themselves look even sillier.

More importantly, they don't realize it's bait!!