PDA

View Full Version : DJ to open MEL base

Theo Racle
27th Sep 2002, 07:51
The news is that DJ will open the long awaited MEL base in February 2003.

Numbers will be limited initially with all positions expected to be filled by internal transfers.

Let the cat fight begin...

FloatJockey
28th Sep 2002, 06:28
Ohhhhhh! Theoooooo!!!!....

In March this year I wrote on Prune aboutt VB planning to open a base in MEL. (Gosh I'm good!) ;)

Somebody (...) replied to the topic with something like... ehh... "yeah right, what about Ayers Rock uh?"...

Mmmhhh........... I learned a lesson: always trust your husband's little bird! :eek:

Sorry! Couldn't let this one go.

By-ye!

Mrs. FloatJockey
(sarcastic witch!!)

kjay
28th Sep 2002, 09:01
Hi All.

Just wondering while were on the Virgin subject if anyone could tell me wether Vb take any cabincrew over the age of 30, just wondering because I had an interview with them at the begining of the year and would like to reapply, but dont know if I would be wasting my time as im 31.
Not inteded to have a go at VB just would really like to know.

Cheers:)

Theo Racle
28th Sep 2002, 09:18
Hi Mrs Float Jockey, hows it goin?

Quote of yours form 21st February 2002

"Sounds like they will be opening a base in MELB soon...

Bloody hell, after all the effort I did to find a fake address in Brissy!"

Hey hon, you're right up there with Nostradamus...I guess 12 months down the track is pretty soon after all.

Incidently, I stand by my comments about the nett nil impact on roster lifestyle. Lets hope it doesn't degenerate into a BNE/MEL, us Vs them thing.

By the way, we should all pity the poor rosterers, they have a hard enough job now massaging the system to produce one roster! They've just had their workload doubled. Time for a payrise I reckon...

28th Sep 2002, 09:56
Theo...
Sounds like your trying to get a pay rise for yourself.:D

Can only hope the new MEL base doesn't turn into another "ISSUE" like the SYD base you have spoken fondly of previously!

one-ball
28th Sep 2002, 11:06
I thought float jockey's wife was leaving???

cabin secure
29th Sep 2002, 00:16
one-ball

In regard to Mrs Floaty:
I believe you can log into PPRuNe from anywhere in the world.

kjay

I have quite a few girlfriends at VB who were accepted over the age of 30. I myself made it through the initial process twice and am 33.
Give it another shot if it's what you want.
I believe they are actually looking for maturity in their FA's at present. And we all know that doesn't necessarily relate to age.
Good luck and cheers! :)

Theo Racle
29th Sep 2002, 01:07
Get your facts straight 24...

I have nowt do to do with ye olde rostering department... thankfully.

kjay
30th Sep 2002, 04:22
Cabin Secure

Thanks for your reply ill definetly be giving it another shot now that i know age is not an issue.
Im of straight away to staff cv to reapply.

cheers.:)

smile
1st Oct 2002, 01:37
Kjay-- I work for Virgin and I just came off a trip where two of the girls were over 30 and the other one was 28. So age really isn't an issue.

FloatJockey
1st Oct 2002, 12:50
one-ball: Identify yourself!! :D :p
I'm still in Oz... tickets booked for Europe, flying on October 23rd via the Philippines where we'll enjoy a 5 days, long time awaited (and deserved) honeymoon... Everything planned, unless Mr. FJ gets the job with Qantas, but (160 dollars later) we don't count on it too much...

Regarding Virgin Blue, I guess I'll be trying with the bigger "V" on the other side shortly... as far as Staff CV goes, I'll probabily be the only one ever withdrawing an application from the system!!!! yuk yuk! :D :D I wonder if they'll charge me for that! You'd never know!

KJay, super-good-luck-and-fingers&toes-crossed-for-you, as usual!! Hope you get an interview soon!

Mrs. FJ

kjay
2nd Oct 2002, 05:32
Mrs Floatjockey.

Thanks for all your encouragement, have a fantastic honeymoon,best off luck to you and your husband with everthing. Hope all your dreams come true.

Cheers
Kjay :D :cool:

cabinboy
4th Oct 2002, 05:57
I was talking to a DJ f/a the other day who told me he was based in SYD ? I thought that virgin had a minority posted at SYD as there home port ?

Can anyone confirm ?

4th Oct 2002, 08:57
Cabinboy,

you have spoken to the only male c/crew member DJ has based in SYD, there is however about 5 other c/crew based in SYD at the moment.