PDA

View Full Version : Palm Hotsync Problems.

EPIRB
27th Sep 2002, 06:25
My near new Palm 500 doesn't seem to want to Hot sync anymore. It did intermittently but won't at all now. According to Palm, there was a static problem with them but by getting a new cradle, which I have done, should cure the problem. It hasn't. It goes through a USB connection which works with other appliances okay. Palm say it is my computer. I am running Windows 2000 on a laptop. Does anyone have any ideas?

The Nr Fairy
27th Sep 2002, 07:29
EPIRB :

Is it an M500 or M515 ? If it's a 515 I'll swap my Vx which Hotsyncs a treat :D

Seriously, try to track the source of the problem. You say you've tried a new cradle. Try these steps / answering these questions :

1. Did HotSync EVER work reliably ? If so when did it stop ?

2. Have you installed the Palm-supplied drivers for the cradle ?

3. Is the PSU for the cradle working ? I.E. does the Palm charge up when it's sat in the cradle ?

4. Have you tried HotSync via IR ? If so, did it work properly ? If not, what happened ? ( Instructions to set this up are somewhere in the Palm documentation ).

5. Is there a USB to serial adapter supplied ? Can you see if it works via the serial port ?

Give those a try then see what happens.

Hersham Boy
27th Sep 2002, 07:46
I had a Palm III (want to swap that, Nr? :) ) that stopped synch-ing after I accidentally deleted a 'note' from the notes folder in Outlook that profiled my PC to the handheld...

Jus' a thought

Hersh

The Nr Fairy
27th Sep 2002, 22:15
I forgot that. I use Lotus Notes at work now, bought IntelliSync to work with it.