PDA

View Full Version : Printing from Hotmail

pax anglia
26th Sep 2002, 19:31
Fellow PPRuNers, once again I crave your indulgence......
A few days ago I printed an E mail from my Hotmail a/c. It ran to three pages and consisted only of the text of the message. Subsequent attempts to emulate this feat have resulted only in printing the entire screen - banner ads, the lot. Clicking on either the "Print" button or "Print" tab produce the above result and I can't for the life of me recall how I managed to produce a "Text Only" version. I have WinXP and am using Hotmail as an integrated part of MSN Explorer rather than as a stand alone service. My failure to work this one out isn't doing my stress level any good, and I would be exceeding grateful for any help in resolving the problem.
Any (ANY!) thoughts Gentlemen, please?
Thanks in anticipation.......
PA

spekesoftly
26th Sep 2002, 21:01
Forgive me for asking a very basic question, but are you clicking on the 'printer friendly' option on the Hotmail page, before you print?

Have you tried accessing your Hotmail account direct, and then printing?

pax anglia
26th Sep 2002, 21:45
spekesoftly.....
Thanks for responding. Yes, I have used both available buttons in Hotmail (MSN Explorer version) and both produce extraneous content. In one instance the result is a complete screen shot, and in the other "from/to/sent/subject" together with my name all appear at the top of the page before the main content. In the direct access site, pressing the "Printer Friendly" button produces similar results to the second of the two quoted above. In the back of my mind I have a feeling that I right clicked on the body of the message to obtain the print but can't reproduce the same results when trying again. I'm afraid it is all rather confusing but I have outlined the circumstances as accurately as possible. Does this give you anything more concrete to go on?

amanoffewwords
26th Sep 2002, 21:58
Pax a., can you select the frame to be printed using the MSN s/w?

If so, you could click anywhere within the area of the message, select print and choose the option to print the selected frame only. That is what you can do with I.E. so I would have thought all MS progs would support that.

pax anglia
27th Sep 2002, 18:40
amanoffewwords......
Bingo ! Thanks for putting me wise to that one - desired result obtained at long last . It always appears so simple after the event !

spekesoftly......
Many thanks for your contributions as well.

I had a (short) haircut today solely on the grounds that I didn't want anything to get hold of and tear out !
Much obliged, Gentleman.

amanoffewwords
27th Sep 2002, 20:00
My pleasure http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/smokin.gif

Lucky guess really...

spekesoftly
28th Sep 2002, 01:02
pax,

Glad to see you got it sorted. :) (but I take no credit!)