PDA

View Full Version : ATPL questions ?????

EGDY2
29th Sep 2001, 22:03
Here are a couple of questions that have come up in my revision and was wondering if anybody could clarify answers , please !!!!

At 45N a DI is affected by earth rotation of ?
-7.5 deg/hr clockwise on spin axis
-10.6 deg/hr clockwise on spin axis
-7.5 deg/hr anticlockwise on spin axis
-10.6 deg/hr anticlockwise on spin axis

FOR this one I think it's 10.6 d/h = 15sin10.6 but is it clockwise/anticlockwise.
I know ER is neg in northern hemi but how does that relate to spin axis !!!!!

Two more -

The disadvantages of an electronic RPM display ?
On which EFIS display are current pressure settings displayed?

Will send you a beer for any help !!!!!!! Honest Gov !
;)

No_Speed_Restriction
30th Sep 2001, 02:32
I have a question for you:

Be honest, Do you think anyone who has passed their writtens remembers that useless ***** that you never actually use in the real world?

P.S. Oh, by the way, Good luck!
:D

thecoltster
30th Sep 2001, 03:02
Electronic RPM displays are crap at displaying trends but good at showing instantaneous values, that's all I remember if its of any use...best of luck

EGDR
1st Oct 2001, 14:45
Hmmm good question

Alex Whittingham
1st Oct 2001, 19:30
The earth rotates anticlockwise when viewed from 'above' at the north pole. The earth tied gyro maintains its axis in space but appears to rotate clockwise at 15º an hour when viewed from above. Although the question is so badly worded as to be almost incomprehensible I would go for (b).

An electronic rpm display could be either digital or analogue or both. As the coltster says, a digital display shows trends badly but exact values well, an analogue display shows trends well and exact values badly. Most electronic (and many mechanical) displays show both digital and analogue information to get the best of both worlds. I suspect that this question is driving at the fact that electronic displays need an external power source so that, if the power fails, the display fails too.

On the A320 the pressure setting is on the PFD, just below the height strip in the bottom right corner. The B737-400 has a mechanical altimeter electrically driven by the ADCs and consequently does not display pressure setting on the EFIS.

flufdriver
1st Oct 2001, 20:21
I sincerely hope that I will never again have to take any tests that require me to remember dribble like that, I fear it would displace some really valuable stuff from my brain.

EGDY2
1st Oct 2001, 23:56
Alex

Many thanks for the answers - very useful & timely !!!!!

Cheers