PDA

View Full Version : Forum format change

PaperTiger
25th Sep 2002, 15:53
I go away and they change the layout again :(
The navigation links are now all squished into a single column way out there on the right ---> meaning I have to scroll to get at them.
Please can they go back where they used to be - strung out across the top. Should be just a colspan=n tag needed I think.

ithenkyou

Out Of Trim
25th Sep 2002, 18:16
PaperTiger -

I think the change maybe due to the additional small advert box at top right of the page; I had a similar problem. I've cured this by logging in www.pprune.org/forums You lose the left-hand menu but shouldn't have to scroll across the screen to navigate between pages.

Hope this helps ;)

PaperTiger
25th Sep 2002, 19:24
I'm bookmarked straight to my user cp page, which contains only the forum subset I'm interested in.

I think I figured out what changed. The 'small' banner and the navigation links used to be in a row (<tr>) of their own, but now have been placed in the last cell (<td>) of the previous row. I think this is just finger trouble, since there's nothing else in that cell anywhere on the page, but it does cause the page to run off the right side of my 800px screen.

Not a big deal, but maybe a mod will see this and put it back :)

spekesoftly
28th Sep 2002, 16:33
Well the navigation links are now back in a row, not a block, but I still have to scroll full right to see all of them. Just a tad inconvenient, it would be handy if they were 'centralised'.

PaperTiger
28th Sep 2002, 17:03
Yes, the user_cp link is now visible without scrolling, so I'm happy.
But I'll never see the little banner - not complaining yunnerstand, just seems to defeat the object. :)

spekesoftly
2nd Oct 2002, 10:09
I'm pleased that it's now sorted - Thanks :)