PDA

View Full Version : working towards my jaa cpl

Goose1976
24th Sep 2002, 23:55
Hi there
I am currently in the states hour building to gain my 100 hours PIC for the CPL course. I have read the other information on the forums about P1 under supervision but I would be very grateful if anyone knows for definite whether I can count P1/s towards my 100 hours pic?

Also i have the 300nm cross country to do and would like to know if there is a specific form I need or whether I can ask the individual airports to stamp a piece of paper to say I was there.

Please help! Thanks from a damsel in distress!!

MJR
25th Sep 2002, 10:09
Yes you can book P1/s as in command.

The CAA are happy to accept log book evidence for your 300nm cross country, however just to emphasize the point you could take your log book and get it stamped on the way round.

cheers

MJR

Goose1976
25th Sep 2002, 16:33
Thank you so much, I am very grateful!

Stan Evil
25th Sep 2002, 19:59
Just what do you mean by P1/S???

The only P1/S that you can log at this point of your career is flight time gained during a successful test flight (ie PPL skill test) with a CAA/JAA examiner.

If 2 PPLs fly together only one can log P1, the other cannot log anything. If you fly with an FI then he logs P1 and you log dual. There is CAA guidance on this on their web site.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
25th Sep 2002, 20:32
Stan Evil, P1/S is P1 supervised. Also, if you fly with another PPL pilot the one not logging P1 can log P2 as co-pilot.

Quidditch Captain
25th Sep 2002, 21:02
Sorry CAT3, thats complete rubbish.

You most certainly cannot log P2 if you sit right hand seat with another PPL (assuming a single pilot aeroplane)

The definitive source of info is a CAA GID entitled "Recording of Flight Time" which contains all of the possible scenarios (including P1/S, incidentally)

It can be downloaded via http://www.caa.co.uk/srg/licensing/fcl/document.asp?groupid=186

Then click on GID44

QC

CAT3C AUTOLAND
26th Sep 2002, 12:31
QC, sorry I stand corrected.

Just out of curioisty, why is the there a section within the privileges of the PPL to act as Co-Pilot? Is this purely to perform tasks of RT, NAV and fly the aircraft legally whilst flying with another pilot?

By the way could not down load the link dont have the software.

Thanks for putting me straight.

CAT3C AUTOLAND = Numbnuts :D

foghorn
26th Sep 2002, 16:22
Under the JARs, someone who has never flown a multi-crew type should only have P1/s time for successful skills test for licences or ratings.

It's that simple. You can't log P1/s for anything else if single crew, not club checkouts, not flights with your mates, nothing.

By definition you can't log P2 in a single pilot aircraft!

cheers!
foggy.

Quidditch Captain
26th Sep 2002, 20:33
Hopefully that clears that up!

(And thanks CAT3 for taking my punch on the nose so gracefully!)

QC

CAT3C AUTOLAND
27th Sep 2002, 11:59
No problem Captain, I should not make comments about things that I dont know are 100% correct, even though I should!:eek:

I know now :D, thanks.

ravenx
27th Sep 2002, 13:08
Goose,

Where are you doing your training and how are you finding them

Good / bad / ugly
Nice people (very important that)
Good a/c (note this list is not in order of importance and yes I do know that good a/c is more important than nice people)

What are you flying and how much is the hourly rate. I'd be interested to know where you are going on your 300nm'er because this is something I'm going to be ding soon .

I did look at doing it in the UK - and while it's not impossible - most of my flight was taken up by avoiding the london busy bits.

Goose1976
28th Sep 2002, 22:06
hi!

I am currently hour building at Anglo American Aviation near San Diego. I have been here just over two weeks and it is good. There have been a couple of hurdles but nothing major. The aircraft are ok. The only thing is that there are not that many at the moment due to repairs, maintenance, etc.. The people are really nice here and everyone lives on an apartment complex so you will go out with students and instructors too. Their website is flyaaa.com and there is a printable brochure. I have got a rate for a 50hour block which is $55 per hour in a PA28 it is the same rate for C172 and I believe it is $45 for a C152.

On the subject of the 300nm cross country I am planning a trip out to Phoenix which I have heard is the most popular route to do for this purpose and it is fairly straight forward (or so I believe!)

Anyway, if you would like to ask anymore questions please feel free to email me.