PDA

View Full Version : First/Last pass to fATPL

Bengal
24th Sep 2002, 19:27
Just a simple query. As far as I understand it there is a 36 month validity period after passing the ATPL ground exams in which to get the CPL & IR issued. What I need to ask is it 36 months from the first pass or the final pass? Have looked on CAA site but can't seem to find it.

Could someone clarify that for me please. Ta

24th Sep 2002, 20:44
I've got a mate who is in this position and from what I can remember him saying; it's from your 1st SITTING of an ATPL exam, it lasts for 36 months and in that time you have to pass the IR, not CPL.

I'm pretty sure this is this case, but I'm sure I'll be corrected if otherwise!

Dean Johnston
24th Sep 2002, 21:26
Hi Bengal,

Just dug out some caa files dated 11 Jan 2001.

Quote taken from:

AMENDMENTS TO JAR-FCL AND UK NATIONAL EXAMINATION RULES.

Para 5

5. The acceptance period was originally set at 36 months from gaining a pass or partial pass. This has now changed and while the 36 months remain, this will now take effect from the date of gaining a pass in ALL papers.

Hope this helps and takes some pressure off.

D.J.

redsnail
24th Sep 2002, 21:47
pg 168.
JAR FCL 1.495.

A pass in the ATPL theory exams will be accepted for the issue of the CPL(A) or IR(A) during the 36 months from the date of the final pass in the examinations.
Provided that an IR(A) is obtained during this period, the ATP theory credit will remain valid for a period of 7 years from the last validity date of the IR entered in the CPL (for the purpose of ATPL issue). But if a CPL(A) with IR(A) is not gained during that 36 months, the ATPL credit lapses and a candidate would have to re-pass the ATPL or IR theoretical knowledge examinations before an IR could be granted.

Not a bad book the LASORS only 5 quid. Even if it goes out of date at least it has all the online references.

FlyingForFun
25th Sep 2002, 08:34
Agree, it's 36 months from the last exam.

(The only date based on the first exam is that you have to have passed all your exams within 18 months of passing the first one.)

Unfortunately, the CAA had sold out of LASORs when I tried to get one. :rolleyes: Will have to try again.

FFF
-------------

Bengal
25th Sep 2002, 10:47
Thanks for clearing that up folks. Yes it does take a bit of the pressure off!! I was getting a bit worried..