PDA

View Full Version : FedEx Prestwick base?

ETOPS
24th Sep 2002, 13:35
Anyone in the "know" at FedEx care to comment about the possibility of a UK base - PWK at a guess. Obviously it all depends on open skies agreement etc and getting "over/beyond" rights but it might still happen.......

justforfun
29th Sep 2002, 17:39
FDX had been "promising/teasing" of a hub at PIK for ages - after a lengthy figh etc secured fifth freedom rights for PIK and STN - next move?... disapeared from PIK within weeks to STN - I'd say the PIK idea is well and truly dead... after this they went to Farnair Europe for a feeder service and despite (through various contacts and working fr FRN) a couple of good deals, wouldn't even go back to PIK when basically the costs were waived for an SD360/F27... sad indeed, as PIK is probably THE most professional field in the UK for FRT... anyone who has any different info on this topic, please reply!!!

:)

skyrabbit
5th Oct 2002, 23:29
I trained at BAe Prestwick and FedEx were in and out every day with DC 10/ MD 11's, and were considereing buying a stake in the airport. I believe they now operate from GLA. Pity 'cos PIK has an amazing wx record.