PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Schools for FAA IR & CPL?

Charlie Zulu
24th Sep 2002, 10:12
Hi All,

Just a quick question in regards to an FAA IR / CPL. Does anyone have any personal recommendations on a suitable flight school in California or Florida?

There are two schools I have been looking at:

1) Angle American Aviation in San Deigo - www.flyaaa.com
2) Naples Air Centre in, well Naples (never had guessed that!).

AAA have replied to my questions within a day or so (due to time difference) and seem to be very reliable, however I don't know of anyone who has trained for any type of licence at their Gillespie field outfit, they also train people for the JAR PPL/IMC/Night at the same school. At the moment, this is my preferred choice.

However, Naples Air Centre haven't replied to my email that I sent a week ago... I am sure they are a very good school as I know a couple of people who have gained their IR's with them this year.

Does anyone have another alternative suggestions?

By the way the writtens will be passed on this side of the pond, studying for the IR written at the moment.

I am looking to fly over to the states on the weekend of the 26th of April 2003 for a month or so.

If I have posted this in the incorrect forum, please feel free to move it.

Regards,

--
Charlie Zulu.

Julian
24th Sep 2002, 10:18
Also CA is Rainbow Air Academy, I did the FAA IR with them last Oct. Tough course but top notch instruction and they got me through it!

www.rainbowair.com

They teach all FAA courses so you would be able to do you CPL with them as well. They use a visiting examiner Reed Novosoft who is quite a character as well !! Let me know how you find the CPL if you use them as I intend to go out and do it next year.

Julian.