PDA

View Full Version : Ba Cityexpress

UFGBOY
24th Sep 2002, 08:30
Would someone mind e-mailing me basic salary/allowances/average take home pay please?

many thanks

BA Boi
2nd Oct 2002, 22:02
Hiya UFGBOY,

Well, I work for British Airways CitiExpress as a No. 2 Cabin Crew Member (which, obviously, you would have to join as as well, because you are not able to bring whatever seniority you have with you).
Your basic annual salary would be £10,110. On top of this you would earn £1.90 per hour flight duty pay for duties worked.
So, basically, in an average month your take home pay would be in the region of about £1,100 - £1,200.

Hope I've helped a bit, and good luck if you decide to go for it!

AOG007
3rd Oct 2002, 02:34
UFG,

Shortly before I parted company with BA CitiExpress, cabin crew pay varied from base to base.

I'm not aware of your location, so just be prepared for it to be considerably less than that already mentioned.

I am refering to Brymon salary, so maybe the salaries have been brought in line since the merger.

Be prepared to work hard if you get through, but at the end of the day, its what you make it.

Good Luck!

BA Boi
4th Oct 2002, 15:38
Hi AOG007,

In response to your reply:

The new CitiExpress contracts were brought out towards the end of last year or early this year and are the same for EVERY base that we have. Yes, it it true that there are still a number of people on the old Brymon and BRAL pay-scales - but ALL new recruits have no option but to go straight onto the CitiExpress pay-scale, and eventually all Cabin Crew will be on this pay.

AOG007
5th Oct 2002, 09:14
BA Boi,

Glad to hear that the new company has brought salaries in line across the bases. Its about time for some the smaller bases, that were always treated as second class. (I refer to Brymon only, as I'm not aware of BRAL/Manx crew salaries)

Its only fair as regardless of base, you all provide the same high standards of customer service, and should therefore be rewarded accordingly.

Hope all is well in the new set-up, and thanks for setting me straight.

BA Boi
7th Oct 2002, 15:28
'Tis fine! :)