PDA

View Full Version : Handling Agents at MAN

manchester bag rat
24th Sep 2002, 00:31
rumor has it that there is big problems......with both.....Servisair.....and ...Ringway Handling at MAN......and that things arnt looking to bright for the coming months......both seem to have lots of work.....but not enough staff.....has anyone heard anything about this subject?...thanks

citadel
24th Sep 2002, 10:00
Personally I have had it up to here with servisair and ringway at MAN. The wrong equipment is supplied, then not enough time to bring the right one as someone else is shouting louder.....neither will take responsibility......bad attitude...etc. Fed up with apologising to pax about their inefficiencies as it just reflects on us. Understand we're changing handling agents, really hope it's an improvement.

unwiseowl
24th Sep 2002, 16:15
Can anyone confirm that Ringway Handling have a monopoly on baggage handling at MAN?

slipper 1
24th Sep 2002, 16:31
I also have experienced a lot of problems at MAN. stairs not arriving, no tugs, and generally very poor organisation. Unfortunately it just seems to the the norm at MAN.

Thunderbird One
24th Sep 2002, 21:43
Well I'm not suprised! The way handling agents treat the staff at MAN is a disgrace. They have no respect for them, and have a ten a penny attitude. Maybe this will teach them a lesson and get
them to start to have a bit of respect for their employees.

Buggs Bunny
24th Sep 2002, 22:41
Yes Servisair are going through a bad time at MAN at the moment. They are in the middle of a merge / comming together (what ever you want to call it) with GlobeGround.
Its always the same culture.......blame the handling company...Too many people sticking their noses in to things that they don't know about.... Basically the airlines don't pay enough for ground handling so handling companies can't pay the going rates and thats why staff turnover is so great. Not just S/Air, also effect Aviance, GG and other ground ops such as catering.

I think some you you should take time out from your 'office' and look at the real world and try to understand.......Ask your ground staff / Stn Manager to see how much effort is put in by some of these guys.......
Finally, before I get off my soap box, not all crew are perfect, in actual fact some of you can be ...... I won't say it.....

ANGRY.........
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

manchester bag rat
25th Sep 2002, 16:13
Ringway Handling do most of the airlines at MAN......but not all of them....but they are owned by the the plc at MAN...so i am informed.......not sure who is the best or the worst at MAN they all seem to have faults.......:(

sharpshot
26th Sep 2002, 09:24
Well said BB. You get what you're prepared to pay for and everyone wants it for less!

Problem is, it's all on a downward spiral until someone decides they will pay for a premium service.

slipperysnail
27th Sep 2002, 11:36
[FONT=times new roman]Ringway do not have monoply at the Airport. But it does help when you are owned by the Airport. As of mid september Ringway have been put on notice to restructure the company. Yes it looks like the FAT-CATS of the company are trying to get fatter. The company have totally screwed up on there pricing, So they are left with red faces once again .
The workforce have been told that changes have to be made for the company to carry on. Rosta changes are the main issue once again. You think that you had it bad this season you aint seen nothing yet. Biggest change yet are Crews on the apron to get smaller.This will impact on safety standards.Prices have to go up or the airport have to transfer some of the landing fees to the Handling agents. Prices at Manchester are the Cheapest in Europe (Not landing Fees ) Avaince, Serviceair.Globe and Ringway are all in the same boat. The Question that needs to be asked is that if Ringway fold who will do all the work. Ringway have a ready made workforce ready to put on a different coloured Tee-shirt. Ready to work for a REAL COMPANY with REAL MANAGERS. The airport need to wake up to the fact that THERE IS A REAL WORLD OUT THERE. so says the slug.