PDA

View Full Version : Weather in Florida

orninn
23rd Sep 2002, 23:01
Since it looks like I am going to Florida in nov/dec for some hour building, could anyone tell me how the weather is there this time a year?

regards
Orninn
:confused:

typhoonpilot
24th Sep 2002, 12:49
Orninn:

It is a very nice time of year in Florida during Nov/Dec. For all practical purposes that is after the Hurricane season and before the tourist season. :D

In all seriousness the weather is quite comfortable with temperatures moderating from the summer heat and airmass thunderstorms much less frequent.

Have fun.

Typhoonpilot

McD
26th Sep 2002, 03:16
Orninn,

November and December are normally very good months, as typhoon pilot has said. Those months are well into the dry season, so it's actually very pleasant to be outside, and vis is usually quite good when flying.

Of course, it all depends on which part of Florida you'll be in (yes, there's a difference).
South Florida will remain warm almost the entire year (you see folks there putting on a sweater when the temperature drops to 20C :eek: :D ).
Central Florida (central meaning between north and south) is quite mild, but will be cooler.
Northern Florida has a greater chance of cold temps, although it will be usually quite nice as well.

Hope you have fun -- you've picked a good time of year.

SkyCruiser
6th Oct 2002, 19:49
I WANT TO BE BACK IN FLORIDA. I was there again this year, and I just love the place. I just wish they would let me live there.

MsSmileee
8th Oct 2002, 02:54
I'm not sure about the rest of Florida, but i do recall when i lived there a few years ago (about half way down the east coast of Florida) that we would have fog quite regularly in the morning during the winter months. But it generally burned off by mid morning. I also remember rarely having to cancel a flight for weather :D

I too wish i was still living in Florida. What do you think McD... wanna rent me a room? ;)

GoneWest
8th Oct 2002, 13:41
Well, I spent a few minutes, yesterday, on the beach of the atlantic Ocean, about half way down the coast of Florida (just outside the Ocean Grill, MsSmileee) watching the space shuttle Atlantis burn its way into a bright, bright blue, cloudless sky.

Saw the solid rocket boosters detach and fall back to the waiting ships below.

The weather is pretty much perfect at the moment - just waiting for it to finish colling down for the Winter - so that we can turn off the air conditioning (and drive the car with the windows open).

Flat-Spot
9th Oct 2002, 04:42
McD and MsSmileee hit the nail on the head! Here's a suggestion, if you are flying at altitude at night, suggest you bring a jacket if the heater in the aircraft is U/S...can get rather cold, (beyond the point of keeping you awake!) Last time I was in up in the Pan Handle in early Dec, temp in celsius was single figures in the morning.

Enjoy it, I know I certainly did.

F-S

MsSmileee
9th Oct 2002, 16:29
GoneWest: Don't tell me you hang out at the Riverside too...... ;)

GoneWest
10th Oct 2002, 04:36
Nah - too noisy there for me!! :D

Do walk Mutley, the dog, in the excercise area under the bridge though.

Rented boats from the Riverside, .... go cruising up the Indian River watching the dolphin play alongside.

(Me, miss Manchester, England...I don't think so!!)

SkyCruiser
15th Oct 2002, 16:34
GONE WEST,

If you don't mind me asking, how did you come to end up living in Florida and did you have the right to live and work.

I really want to move out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoneWest
15th Oct 2002, 18:04
That's a question for e-mail - not bandwidth reduction (so is this reply - sorry, Danny).