PDA

View Full Version : Foundation Degree at Ldn Guildhll Uni

darthmuppet
23rd Sep 2002, 15:14
Opinions of professional nature would be appreciated on the London Guildhall University Foundation Degree in Aviation Management and Operations. Pilot and Management pathways,

2 Year course.
Year one is Mainly Business Orientated, Aviation Industry projects and Finance blah blah blah... then go on to do PPL Ground Theory by Feb/March, Practical Flying throughout June-Sep MUST PASS PPL TESTS to get thru to year 2.

Year two (pilot way) is the ATPL theory Ground studies, from Sep-June, then CPL Practical flying and ground studies to be passed and completed by the August/Sep.
The fees are paid for by the government (albeit a loan!), ie- Ground studies for both PPL and ATPL, the cost of the flying is the students responsibility alongside the cost of the Class1 medical fee, ATPL Exam fees.

Price of flying for the PPL and CPL Practical is? (non US, UK flying only)
How much more would it cost to get the FrozATPL? with just the PPL and CPL, this course dont provide the ME/IR/.

to sum up....
£3000 per year student loan to go to uni (x2), then add the PPL flying, CPL flying, Medical class1 £400, ATPL exam fees £700, is this looking good or just go down a less intense route, I dont have £30,000 to spare, reliant on CDL loan and Mr HSBC!!

do the maths and give me your professional or non professional
Opinions please.

carbonfibre
26th Sep 2002, 09:35
Darthmuppet

well difficult to say wheter its a good deal or not, you get the degree which is about the same cost anywhere, but you have the added expense of the flying?

This will be a little more than you have on your question, take the average PPL is £4 - 5000, and the average CPL the same, then the test fees i think are currently around £579 then you have to hours build and that would be around the same again. So maybe do a degree of choice get a job then save, who knows depends on circumstances, age, house, family etc.

I think you would end up spending around that anyway ? may seem that these are average costs but there is always more.

The only way to become rich in this game is to start rich

Good luck
:) :D :cool:

darthmuppet
26th Sep 2002, 11:42
Ta carbonfibre!