PDA

View Full Version : Filipino Pilots on Board?

The_Saint
23rd Sep 2002, 02:13
Whatever happened to the pilots who were interviewed in the Philippines? Did anyone get on board? News died down in this area. Heard quite a few of our Union members applied despite the ban. I hope some were accepted. Any news in the Fragrant Harbour?:rolleyes: :confused:

junstrike
23rd Sep 2002, 19:28
CX changed their minds. Probably had to to with Philippine gov't technicalities.

sub4
24th Sep 2002, 00:08
The Saint

Were you one of them?

Junstrike

Maybe not. (the technicalities, i mean).

The_Saint
24th Sep 2002, 00:10
Hi Junstrike, did you get an interview? How bout KA did you try? Heard they were hiring.

see you around.

Bless you!;)

No Sub4, didn't get an invite. I would go to an interview if asked, though. It would have been interesting to hear what they had to say.

junstrike
24th Sep 2002, 15:40
Did go to the interview more out of curiosity than anything else. It would have been a nice package pay wise for a Manila base, if it pushed thru. I didn't get invited for a second interview and sim check which was both a disappointment to the ego and a relief considering the hornet's nest that seems to be stirring up in CX from what I've read in this forum.

First I've heard of KA hiring. I'll sniff around their website.

shortly
24th Sep 2002, 16:03
Junstrike, the sim profile is simple enough, it does catch a lot of folk out though. Maybe it's easier than they were expecting. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you if you want to come to CX - try again.

sub4
27th Sep 2002, 06:43
Junstrike,

What difficulties did you encounter during your initial?
Know anyone who got called for the final interview?

junstrike
27th Sep 2002, 13:44
HR questions first, tell us your life story, etc. Followed by tech questions, aerodynamics, weather, equipment flown/flying. 5 guys I know got a shot at the sim and the final, maybe there were more but only sure of the 5. 2 were from PAL (both CAPT's, A330/B737).