PDA

View Full Version : Dreamflight

23c
22nd Sep 2002, 22:03
This BA sponsored charity will be departing the regions 12.10.02 to LHR, thereafter onwards to Orlando the next day, all at present under normal BA c/s. If they were to adopt their regional idntities i.e. West of Scotland departing Glasgow as Flintstones, Northern Ireland, Scooby Doo's, etc. What say you down sooth i.e. H.D & Bexil , if we co-ordinated ( the act of negotiation etc...) all the flights carrying these children adopting their regional c/s on that day therefore ensuring no delays to the flights and adding a bit of fun and excitement to their day? I ask this as a parent of one of the fortunate children, but if we can pull this off, then we can do it on an annual basis, just think what the crews will think of being No. 2 to the likes of Scooby Doo!

BEXIL160
22nd Sep 2002, 23:07
I'm not actually around on the dates mentioned BUT.... I see no problem at all. Personally I would move Heaven and Earth for Dreamflight, in this day and age it gives me a REAL sense of satisfaction to be doing something for those less well advantaged. ALL OF MY COLLEAGUES FEEL THE SAME.

People to speak to... Make SURE that you ring the LONDON FMU (at Swanwick) the day before, and the watch supervisor at LTCC West Drayton. They will be more than happy to help.

Rgds BEX

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
23rd Sep 2002, 11:10
Agree with BEX 10,000 per cent. We've had "Snowman" type callsigns so why not these.

I'll be on watch the morning of 12th (07-1400) so look forward very much to hearing the callsigns and making sure they don't get mucked about in the holds...

Good luck with your endeavours; you're assured of a place upstairs.