PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair

Little Friend
22nd Sep 2002, 21:19
OK so its been done to death; but would any guys and girls tell me how it is at FRA and if any nasty black clouds are on the horizon.

Spoken to a few people on the NG at STN and all seem quite happy.

So please your thoughts to an honest enquiry

Finman
20th Oct 2002, 17:51
Also have a mate in FRA at Stn. He has been there 4 years and is very happy. Been for the initial interview last week. Hope to join soon. DD tells you straight. No bs. No culture bs either. 5 on and 3 off better. Expect to get 900 hours a year so work hard... but hours flying not positioning by taxy to here there and everywhere. Have a 5 year pay agreement with 3% rise per year. No likely chance of a strike then. Most info on their web site but some important bits not....Holidays 28 days - done in blocks, so 5 days hols = 11 days. No day off bidding system but can book odd holiday days off. Roster swopping is ok and the only solution. Have a death in service policy similar to easy. Also have a pension plan - they put in up to 5% if you do. Basic for qualified Capt is £49342 + sector pay. They pay tax on sector pay. Expect £15,000 sector pay in first year (probation for 6 months) then £20,000 each subsequent (all after tax). Quite how they get to the figure of £89,000 grossed up is unclear. By my calcs grossed up pay = approx £49342 + £33000 = £83000 - unless you add in pension etc. They also pay for medicals and have an annual increment of £300. Down side is that contract will say they can move you to whichever base they need to. Get a couple of weeks accom there then you are on your own. (Better than the poor new Captains easy sent to BFS then!) DD says that base move unlikely to happen ...especially if you get in soon and are not the latest at your base of choice. Sickness pay is 6 months basic then an insurance policy takes over to provide half basic TFN.

Good luck - I've made my decision.:D

Wing Commander Fowler
28th Oct 2002, 17:04
Hi Finman

all above appears accurate with the exception of the 5 days off taken =11 days.

Have the contract in front of me and it clearly states:

"Annual leave may be applied for in blocks of 5 BUT must be preceeded or followed by working days"

Yer 5 days off = 8. Still ok though - I'm going for it too!

;)

DUNLOPS UP
30th Oct 2002, 21:40
Can either of you help me, I have applied to Ryanair and have heard nothing, I have lots of hours but not not 73 rated, are you 73 rated and did you apply on line??????

Are they type rating yet and which bases are they recruiting for????:) :)

Finman
31st Oct 2002, 18:20
When I applied with 3000 hrs 737 and 700 hours NG I got no response whatsoever. I even faxed twice as instructed on their web site. Only when I phoned DD direct did I get anywhere. I got an interview within days. He is keen on NG qualified people but admits their application system is not working well. The poor guy is overworked and understaffed. There seems to be a steady stream of NG qualified people applying (especially from disenchanted EasyJet pilots). Don't know if they need non type-rated yet.

Engee73
31st Oct 2002, 19:52
Have there been any resignations from easy yet?

Finman
31st Oct 2002, 21:05
I know of 3 captains pending and a few FOs too.

Son Of Piltdown
1st Nov 2002, 12:57
Finman; Are Ryanair just hapy with a licence endorsement for the NG or do they specifically want time on type?

Thanks.

Finman
1st Nov 2002, 14:48
For direct entry NG Captain min of 500 hours NG (as on their web site I believe). Sorry cannot answer for FOs.