View Full Version : JAA Commercial Training in America?

twistedenginestarter
22nd Jun 2001, 11:37
Anyone know whether for the modular route you can do the CPL Flying Module and the IR in eg Florida. Nobody seems to mention this in their adverts. By contrast, they do mention the ab initio course.

I got no response from CAA on this.

twistedenginestarter
3rd Jul 2001, 11:34
Well start

In fact you can. You can do both at:

European Flight Training
International Flight Training
Pan Am.

Thos nice CAA people did in the end respond by sending me a full list. An expensive solution, chaps. But thanks anyway.

Sven
3rd Jul 2001, 21:16
I know that the PanAm website is:

http://www.panamacademy.com/

and the one for European Flight Training is

http://www.europeanflighttraining.com/

but can't find one for International Flight Training. Does anyone know if there is one?

Presumably these have to work in conjunction with a flying organisation in the UK for some of the IR training. Does anyone know which schools each of these associate with in the UK?

GoneWest
4th Jul 2001, 06:11
With regard to the UK tie-up for the Instrument Rating....

PanAm seem to be using P.A.T. in Bournemouth - and they do have some extremely experienced staff there (even ex CAA Instrument Rating examiners [if they don't know what standards to teach then nobody does).

One thing to watch CAREFULLY is how much of your Instrument Rating is scheduled to be done in UK airspace.

I've heard that at least one school in Florida is only allowing FIVE HOURS to convert to the "UK way".

FlightSafety International (spit) used to allow eleven hours and quickly realised it was not enough - at least fifteen was required. At least fifteen.

Spend the extra hourly rate - and reduce the number of hours needed.

BTW - limits on CPL (I believe) are heading plus or minus ten degrees, altitude plus or minus one hundred feet. So, practice at +/- 5 degrees and +/- 50 feet - then the flight test will be easy. If you have to put ANY mental effort into keeping the aircraft within ten degrees or one hundred feet then you are distracting yourself from the task of passing that flight test. If half tolerance is second nature then you can concentrate on the important stuff - and still have room for error.