PDA

View Full Version : please help, my future hangs in the balance!

baboy13
27th Sep 2001, 23:51
Dear all,

This is my first post on what looks to be a great website for us pilots. I have a few questions to ask.

I am quite an accomplished pilot with over 250 hours on a simulator called MS Flight Simulator 98 ( I know because I have logged them from day one in a log book).

I have got the application form a few weeks ago to apply to British Airways on their DEP I think its called as I am suitably qualified with the above hours on the simulator. I am confident that I will get into British Airways as a DEP and due to the massive shortages of pilots I will look forward to being my own fleet manager in the not so distant future. However I have a few questions to ask.

My questions are as follows: How long does it take to be a captain with British Airways, as this is what I really want to do. Are we talking weeks here or even months before I can command my own 747, once I have handed my application form in?

My other question is, I know it is easy to change planes from one day to another, for example from a British Airways B727 to a British Airways B747. But how easy is it to transfer to Concorde as this is where my real interest lies?

I haven’t handed my form in yet but it is all ready in the envelope. I would like any British Airways pilots to contact me. I realise that a number of pilots have left BA but they were getting too old, so they need some new ones.

Thankyou in advance and please help!

baboy13

Superpilot
28th Sep 2001, 00:08
please help, my future hangs in the balance!

Shut up you old fart :p

Wee Weasley Welshman
28th Sep 2001, 00:09
OK, enough is enough - pathetic wind ups at a time when Wannabes and Pilots up and down the country are loosing jobs, sponsorships and hope is just not very funny.

The next posting of this nature will attract an immediate ban.

You have been warned.