PDA

View Full Version : SIA Pay Scale

DoMePlease
21st Sep 2002, 13:57
Does anyone know the pay scales for SQ?

Also, what sort of weight does SQ hold among fellow pilots at other airlines? Is SQ the airline pilots are trying to get into?

DoMePlease
28th Sep 2002, 13:30
They get paid lots of many.

GOH
4th Oct 2002, 15:13
Well in my local paper I read an advertisement for a captain of a 777 flying to Singapore. The yearly wage was 160 000 AUD, not including food allounces, away from home bonuses ect.

I hope this is a start!!!!!

GOH

thegypsy
7th Oct 2002, 09:16
DoMe Please Dont talk rubbish. On another thread you claim to be a747 Capt with China Airlines earning $11000 per month so why on earth would you be interested in knowing SIA payscales except to have a good laugh!!??

GOH dont forget OZ tax!! Also what is this about BONUS?? Not a word I recognise any more as far as SIA is concerned thanks to our CEO cocking it up big time.!!

GOH dont forget OZ tax!! Also what is this about BONUS?? Not a word I recognise any more as far as SIA is concerned thanks to our CEO cocking it up big time.!!

DoMePlease
7th Oct 2002, 12:29
Gypsy gypsy gypsy...why so angry dude? So much angst at PPrune... sigh... Anyway, if you'd let me explain first, you might not have to tell me to "Don't talk rubbish". That's very good CRM.

If you want to know why the double identity, please go to Wannabees >> ATPL Info

Albatros6
7th Oct 2002, 12:45
Hi Guys,
why not taking the information from the root? Go to the SIA-Website and have a look at their Career-Information...

kd rgs,

thegypsy
12th Oct 2002, 08:49
Domeplease saying you talk rubbish is not being angry just a statement of fact and has nothing to do with CRM either. I think you are a bit of a 'Walter Mitty" judging by your various posts,and I seem to recall you apologised on one for your behaviour.

0.88M
13th Oct 2002, 04:53
Give SQ a try and see for yourself how the 'system'

works there.

Worst that can happen is that you still have a job and

salary.

DoMePlease
13th Oct 2002, 13:21
Gypsy

Enough bitching ok? Grow up and stop whining like a school girl.

DoMePlease
13th Oct 2002, 15:44
Gypsy

As this is a public forum and your bitching has little to do with the topic of this post, please forward all your crap to me via Private Message. I think its better if we stop wasting other people's time with your nonsense. Cheers.

Farside
2nd Nov 2002, 00:23
Well my monthly income tax is $$ 8231 , so you can do your sums!!!! ( 13 years SIA)

jonbravo
5th Nov 2002, 04:03
Are SQ needing pilots still down under ?
Anyone know whether the pilots there get clobbered for both OZ and SIN tax ??

The Prisoner
9th Nov 2002, 01:39
Farside, only an idiot would boast about how much tax they pay. Its your pay, so what you give to LKY to squander propping up lost causes in indonesia, is solely your concern.

Lets get back to the facts. SIA salary. Basic B777 S$9000 1st yr Captain. S$ 600 market ajustment allowance (paid as SIA consider that they have to boost their salary to the international acceptable level). S$ 3500 based on about 75 hours. This is abt S$13000/month. Overnight allowances about 1500-1800 S$ . So all in S$15000/month.

Ah, but you dont actually earn this when you are on leave.Then only basic salary. You also need to maintain a good roster, to earn hours and overnights. Once one of the more" meritorious "local captains requires to go to Vegas or AMS, then you will be doing KL 4 sectors instead. And KL dont earn the flight hours as you aint paid for all that turn around time. The real expat salary is around S$13000/month. Tax is around 22% (its banded, low for low earners, but quickly increases, as your housing allowance counts as earnings, hence bumps you into the high earner class).

So we have abt S$10500/month after tax. This is about Sterling 3800 or US 5900. What price to sell your sole to SIA, and those little hitlers in the 4th floor. And im not talking about management.

Lets compare SIA salary with that on offer with their asian competitors, say Cathay B scale. As Farside is a 13 yr veteran, then we can compare like for like. Cathay 1st year basic captain, 98000hk. This is about S$22500, and is the current rate. Do I need to add overnights, housing purchase, greater leave etc in? I dont think so.

So SIA gets pilots for cheap.They recruit experienced expats, for little more than what a comparable outfit would dare to pay back home.Of course this is the crux of the matter.SIA receives those who have been laid off, ex contractors, wannabies. When was the last time that say anyone actually resigned from their job with a national carrier, to join SIA in Singapore?

And farside, as a Singaporean, lets check your career history. You joined as a cadet, probably from Uni at around 28. It takes about 2 yrs to get on a type, where your basic was $3600+. As a 747 f/o it takes you 12 years to gain the required 300 pf (1000 tot)sectors to gain a place in the command pool. So, how can you as a 13 yr pilot possibly earn much more than a 1 yrs captain's pay?(thats presuming that you are a captain) It aint from flying SIA , thats for sure. And everything in Singapore makes money? Ha Ha, I think you guys have a bit of egg on your face now, eh??

G.Khan
9th Nov 2002, 09:48
1. I left a good job with another national carrier to join SIA, SIA was a better offer.

2. Is Farside a Singaporean?

3. The reason Farside is paying that much tax is because they had six months of bonus and a lot of backpay in 2001, excluding these two items a 13 year SIA B744 expat captain would be paying about S$6500 per month in tax, (13 month system in force).

4. When I retired in 2001 as a ten year B744 captain I averaged S$18 to 19000 per month before tax, assuming about 75-80 hours. As The Prisoner says, on leave or standby it was a very flat month, say S$13 to 14000, (Provident fund and rent allowance excluded from these monthly salary numbers but included in tax).

John Barnes
10th Nov 2002, 01:42
Well Prisoner you hit it on the head, the only thing though: You are the idiot and Farside is not a Singaporian, nor a prisoner. He is one of these guys that come here and take your job , with a reasonable expat pay package and then after enough is enough leave the "local prisoners" while they hum the Singaporean National Hym " WHAT TO DO LAH?"
I haven't seen to many "prisoners" leaving jail and going to the greener pastures. It is only the real idiot that realises that he is a prisoner, but prefers to stay in jail. You should rename yourself and call yourself "Mamma's Boy" because you wouldn't last a day outside mamma LKY holding your hand, increasing the maid levy to ween you of yor maid. You lot make me laugh. ( A quote from yesterdays Straight Times)

Sick Squid
11th Nov 2002, 12:03
Alright, enough already. I go off on a trip, to find this exercise in Schoolboy behaviour on my return.

Since the issues have been clouded in a load of meaningless insult, I'm closing it. For future reference, if you can't engage the argument without having a pop at the player, don't bother wasting your and my time, and the bandwidth of the site. Plenty other places on the internet to have a go at people, not on my watch though, please.