PDA

View Full Version : British Airways Recruiting

aviatorgirl72
21st Sep 2002, 10:43
Just wanted to let people know the good news about BA.

A friend of mine has just had a telephone call from them, with regards to her cancelled course, post September 11th.

Things at last are looking up for the UK airlines, long may it continue!!!:)

Hand Solo
21st Sep 2002, 16:58
Yes but what did the call say? The recruitment ban is still in place and we are nowhere near reaching the 2000 person headcount reduction required in Cabin Services under FS&S. Eurofleet are crying out for crew but only because most of long haul are sitting at home on standby because theres not enough work for them and they can't/won't be transferred to where they are needed. I think the chances of anybody being recruited to BA mainline cabin crew in the near future is somewhere between slim and zero.

aviatorgirl72
21st Sep 2002, 18:40
Well I thought the phone call was a little odd, as I'm aware of the situation at BA at the moment.

Perhaps it's for eurofleet, as the crew, as you say cannot and will not transfer over.

Will try to find out a little more and post the findings.:p

Danny Howarth
23rd Sep 2002, 11:18
Hi there was interested in your message with regard to your friend being contacted by BA. I was unfortunately laid off in november from BA & as you can imagine was devastated.
On speaking to the recruitment team at BA, they are just contacting those who have been in the"holding pool" since last Sept, to see if their circumstances have changed. Hopefully things will start moving within BA soon, been told to watch this space! :)

JB777
23rd Sep 2002, 22:46
Would agree with Danny ? I spoke to BA not 2 weeks ago, with regard to their intentions for the people like myself in the 'Holding Pool'. I was told that the following day, there was a high level management meeting taking place about this issue ! Everyone on the current list will be contacted my letter in the next 3 weeks with BA's decisions. Hope all is positive !?

Hope you get the call back Danny.

"See You Next Tuesday, Sir !":D

aviatorgirl72
24th Sep 2002, 05:51
At the moment, BA are advertising internally for crew at BMED.

I hope you get the phonecalls you're waiting for!

JB777
25th Sep 2002, 22:00
Aviatorgirl72,
The internal advert you are speaking about is an ordinary 'non-internal' B-Med advert in the very ordinary BA news letter, which is read by everyone @ LHR !
He same advert has been placed in the local rags before & is in no way an internal vacancy !

B-Med recruitment insisits that all candiates have to pass trought their selection as normal & exisiting BA crew will be treated the same as a cashier from 'Boots' ?

As B-Med & BA are seperate companies, they no not have any transfer agreements.

At present there are no training courses planned in the near furture.

"See You Next Tuesday, Sir !":eek:

FCNK
7th Oct 2002, 09:53
if BA do recruit extrnally then all the crew who opted for un paid leave will need to be brought back and also all the potential crew who have been interviewed but are in the holding pool will have to be offered jobs. internally at LGW EF a notice was put out saying about possible promotions in the spring for prs and cst's, the article was vague but some how reassuring.