PDA

View Full Version : Jetconnect NZ.

propaganda
21st Sep 2002, 09:22
Can anyone shed any light on jetconnect recruiting B737 crews for an Auckland base.
I had an email recently from them but no firm details.
Any idea of planned routes and fleet size ? or possible start of ops.:confused:

Sqwark2000
21st Sep 2002, 21:26
Jet Connect I believe is the NZ Company name for Qantas's NZ Domestic Operation.

To confirm their permanancy in NZ, they are getting a NZ AOC which can only be issued to a NZ registered Comapny, hence "Jet Connect" trading as "Qantas". They are expanding the fleet and also hence, recruiting. They have also been asking for Ops people and Call centre staff I think.

So in answer to your Q's

Routes for the B737 are the main trunk AA-WN-CH. DN may be part of the expansion. Origin Pacific to provide regional feeder service

Fleet size - I'm only guessing with this one but I think they have 3/4 a/c here now and looking to bring that up to 7/8???

Start of Ops - Start whistle has already blown

S2K

Arctaurus
22nd Sep 2002, 04:19
Does anyone have any views on the longer term future of Jet Connect/Qantas NZ if Qantas takes a significant stake in Air NZ.

I guess my question is would this situation make Jet Connect (and its' pilots) literally redundant ?

Rin tin tin
24th Sep 2002, 04:34
There are 4 aircraft with a 5th due in early Nov. they operate to AKL. WLG.CHC and Queenstown.

topend3
24th Sep 2002, 04:38
yes, they have three ex an 737-300s, registered in the CZ BLOCK

CT7
10th Oct 2002, 06:40
Hmmm,
Very quiet here......All the NZ Ansett Guys (and Gals) had their interviews?

Sharfted Groundhog
10th Oct 2002, 20:01
Apparently so......

I think a couple might be jumping ship from the opposition as well.

Rin tin tin
12th Oct 2002, 05:05
some of the pilots have moved on to better paying jobs this month, [VB,EVA,Emirates]6 f/o's are to be employed and 4 others have been trained as captains, so there might be some more positions available soon.
5th aircraft arrives at the end of the month VH-TAU.

Clive
12th Oct 2002, 05:32
VH - TAU to be registered as ZK - JNF

But it will only replace VH - JNE which goes into heavy maint. for a while.