PDA

View Full Version : Origin Pacific

Albatross
21st Sep 2002, 00:27
Sorry, no news, just interested to know whats happening there as they have gone kinda quiet. Somebody, anybody?

Blue Line
21st Sep 2002, 07:48
I was talking to Russle yesterday & the word is
4 upgrades from FO to Capt
Then ex Air Nelson/ Ansett FO's to Capts
Then they will work out how many new FO's they need - Still 4 from the last bunch to get a drive.
So I'd prob guess around a month or so
:confused:

Anti Skid On
25th Sep 2002, 13:24
Did I miss something, were they recruiting?

CT7
10th Oct 2002, 06:30
Hmmm,

But what will happen if QF buy into AirNZ?
Will they still need Origin P?

Sharfted Groundhog
10th Oct 2002, 20:03
I would say so.....

R.I is a far too clever man not to have some sort of cunning plan up his sleeve. (To line his own pockets and shaft anyone or everyone is his usual line of attack!)

CT7
11th Oct 2002, 05:46
Gee, sounds like you've worked for the pilot luver...

Eurocap
11th Oct 2002, 18:51
Quite simple really.

Helen won't allow Godzone to lose its 2 airline policy and will allow Virgin into Godzone which will align with OP when QF buys into AirNZ.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

topend3
13th Oct 2002, 08:10
they are going the atr 72 way, they already have a couple in service with more on the way i believe:p

Sharfted Groundhog
14th Oct 2002, 02:31
CT7: All round nice guy..... NOT! I reckon he'd sell his own grandmother if he had the chance!

Topend3: I think they are just collecting any aircraft they can get their hands on.... Not a wise idea (opinion of those far more wiser than me) - especially when looking at maintenance aspects.....

Eurocap: Totally agree; bring on VB.... lets raise the stakes and see just how stable ANZ actually is. To be just a bit controversial; I think there are a few too many people in the company that think now they have taxpayer money behind them, they're safe. I think not. Time will tell.

From what I understand, management has the pilots working their proverbial backsides off.... I suppose any job is better than no jobs, but ask a pilot after one of their infamous shifts and I guess (s)he'd tell you slightly differently!

topend3
14th Oct 2002, 06:39
yes, i agree, won't be too long before vb is flying the tasman i think and also intenrally in nz maybe, i think origin pacific is in danger of going the ansett nz way eventually...down

CT7
23rd Oct 2002, 10:07
Sharfted Groundhog... "All round nice guy..... NOT!"

I don't remember saying that.....I agree with you, for once. Unfortunately, I have some good friends working for him and don't want to see them upROOTED again...

Sharfted Groundhog
23rd Oct 2002, 19:43
CT7: Ditto, but I think most people with any sence are using this time as 'paid employment search'! A bit like those employed by Mt Cook on the 146's...... I know quite a few are waiting for ANZ to start rehiring, so hopefully most will escape before (or if) it all turns to custard. Quite a few of the guys were badly burnt by the collapse of Tasman Pacific, and I agree that they certainly don't need to go through that again!

It would be a great little airline if the people at the top would stop bickering amongst themselves. I've heard that RI runs a 'divide and conquer' regime (ie keep them all bickering amongst themselves); can't be very nice for any of the mngmt employees either!

I really can't see them going to the wall though..... RI has been there many times before and I think he's too clever to let it happen..... Time will tell.

Can't be too long before announcements are made about QF & ANZ.....

Kiwilad
23rd Oct 2002, 19:44
Heard origins ATR going into AKL yesterday with 16POB, that can't be healthy, unless Qantas is picking up alot/all of the tab.

SepsOff
24th Oct 2002, 08:05
They are, not just AKL, but every flight.

Albatross
24th Oct 2002, 20:29
One has to wonder. Wasn't so long ago that the Tasman P. receivers report came out and stated that of all the routes Rex flew, only WLG-NSN-WLG consistently made any money in the 10 years they were operating. Sure Air NZ needs competition, but it isn't a good place to be with market size and demographics.

Eurocap
24th Oct 2002, 21:01
16 pax with normal fares will pay the op costs of the ATR. An accountants dream.:D :D :D :D

CT7
25th Oct 2002, 10:13
Divide & Conquer is right.
The Captains get good dosh while the Co's get ******-all. So half the aircrew are happy and the other can't do a damn thing till someone else hires all the skippers! Not really a good Union environment.... But as you said, just the way ole Bob likes it.
At least he (or someone) saw the sense and employed some good drivers from T/P..... who might soon be away from those t/props......