PDA

View Full Version : ATPLs option?

liquidhockey
20th Sep 2002, 21:55
Hi

As far as i am aware, the majority of full time ground school courses last about 3 months. In this time you must work CONSTANTLY to keep up etc (as far as i am aware).
I was wondering if there is a groundschool which offers the course to last over a longer period of time, thus easing the workload.
I dont wish to do the ground school via distance learning and have to teach myself as i think i would find this much much more difficult. I want to be taught it in a classroom but over a longer period if possible?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Dave

Send Clowns
20th Sep 2002, 22:24
All actually last about 6 months, split into two 3-month sections. Most allow you to delay your exam sittings while you consolidate with the work (we certainly do). Some will give you a little support during this time, most offer extra tuition of some sort if you pay. The workload is high, but not impossible for most people.

When you talk to each school (there are at least 6 full-time modular schools I can think of approved through the CAA (assuming BAe has restarted modular), and I would suggest you contact them all) ask about their policy on delaying exams, and support offered. Some may restrict due to numbers of students on the following courses you would have to join after delaying your first set of exams.