PDA

View Full Version : British Air Caribbean

MaxMet
20th Sep 2002, 21:16
British Air Caribbean?
British Air Carib?
British Caribbean Airways?

etc

What does anyone out there know about the supposed new start up Airline that will be flying to the Caribbean on A330's covering old AML routes?

Is it also true that the former Cabin Service Director of Flying Colours and JMC has something to do with it?

And are the venture capital group 3i anything to do with it?

Thanks!

MM..

aeroground
21st Sep 2002, 03:47
is it something to do with thomas cook and there airlines

MR WIBBLE
21st Sep 2002, 11:28
I will believe it when I see it

jmccrew
22nd Sep 2002, 21:16
Not heared anything about this one ..... not even a rumour in the crew room so doubt its anything to do with thomas cook

Gauntlet
20th May 2004, 19:39
heard a rumour about this again the other day, doubt it will happen though

redfred
20th May 2004, 23:16
why are you interested Maxmet after the slating you gave crew recently....maybe the boredom has creeped in again

Optimus Prime
22nd May 2004, 09:56
Check the date of the posting before you reply!

September 2002

flystarboy
24th May 2004, 23:11
There was a plan to start up new services to the caribbean following the finish of AML.

The airline was to be called British Caribe if I recall correctly.
It was to be headed up by the former founder of AML and and a senior engineering guy from the then jmc.
I do believe that a certain ex AE/FCL cabin crew manager was approached for the project but declined.
The routes and licences were in place and also aircraft were sourced however at the last minute the investors would not commit to the initial start up costs.
I believe the plans are still on the back burner but would now think that it will not go a head as the likes of VS and XLA are pretty much covering the markets in the sun.