PDA

View Full Version : A step too far?

ttcml
20th Sep 2002, 12:16
Afternoon all!

I am due to sit my mod 1 ground exams at the end of the year, however I was wondering if this would effect any sponsorship chances? Would airlines offering either full 0-atpl or 180hr - atpl consider this a disadvantage (what would you be doing while the rest were in the classroom - re-learn it all again?).

Cheers for any feedback!

pilotchap
20th Sep 2002, 14:06
my feeling is that it would make you unsponsorable.

Field In Sight
20th Sep 2002, 14:36
Is it just me or does anybody else think that having too much experience to start a sponsorship course were they insist on you having a MAXIMUM level of experience as being completely and utterly f*c*ing stupid.

If you have lots of experience then it may be a bit of a pain doing certain things over again so that you conform to a certain standard.
However, this has got to be weighed against the fact that you have already shown a certain level of ability in the past.

I know that in the real world people exagerate their CV's to get into a particular job but in this case you would have to prove that you were less capable.

I'm too old (31) for it to bother me anyway but it is just plain silly.

RVR800
20th Sep 2002, 14:54
Yes its plain silly also that many many people have the required
qualifications already yet the airline still insist on ignoring them
and training yet more people

Notwithstanding that these airlines share prices suggest that saving costs might be rather a good idea

Strange that the low cost sector elect to take from the huge pool
of labour already out there

monkeyboy
20th Sep 2002, 15:58
Going back to ttcml's original question, I can vaguely remember some chap getting taken on for the Airtours scheme two years ago who was "half-way through" his ATPL course, distance learning. Granted, I don't know if he had taken any of the exams but it surprised me. There's still hope.

MB