PDA

View Full Version : EVA Interview

Dechi
20th Sep 2002, 02:47
Hi guys,

Can anybody assist me with some information concerning,Interview Questions,Simulator & Medical evaluation with EVA.

Any suggestions on Interview preparation literature will be highly appreciated.

Also if anybody is familiar with the working conditions & benefits currently being offered at the present time.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dechi

extreme P
22nd Sep 2002, 08:44
Just returned from the Eva process.
Four applicants included a 10 year 737 f/o, an A310 captain, an A330 f/o, and a 747 f/o.
All three caucasian applicants failed the sim check the first day while the asian with 2000 hours total time and zero airline experience passed.
The sim was a 767-300 in Taipei. Depart with a normal takeoff and hand fly the SID to 5000' and 250 knots. Steep turns and a stall recovery with 20 degrees flap and a 25 degree bank. Visual approach with a 15 knot crosswind where you will join the downwind at 5000'. Reposition for an RTO. Reposition again for a V1 cut followed by a hand flown ILS to minimums with the FD.
Taipei is the base. Expect two four year contracts as f/o followed by another four year contract as crusie commander. Possibly then you will get the left seat.
First year wage is $53 000 CDN. A $60 000USD bond must be signed for a four year term.

Send me a private message if you need more. Good luck!

IFTB
23rd Sep 2002, 14:21
Dechi,
Working conditions at EVA:
I assume you like the colour GREEN?
Like, anywhere.......??

lightoutandarmed
1st Oct 2002, 22:46
hi dechi,
'just back from tpe
email me if you want details re the eva interview

Flame Out
2nd Oct 2002, 03:30
Whoa, $33,500 USD ($53k CDN). That's less than $3k USD/ mo. Not exactly a lucrative contract is it? :rolleyes:

lightoutandarmed
2nd Oct 2002, 04:59
it's an employers market. what with stacks and stacks of applications on the table and to the side of the guy at recruitment.
go figure!
they do say that there will be yearly increases depending on the company performance. well, 'seems like eva is doing okay.

gengis
2nd Oct 2002, 08:44
Hi extreme P,

>All three caucasian applicants failed the sim check the first day while the asian with 2000 hours total time and zero airline experience passed.

Are you suggesting/implying that they are practicing rampant racism? I seemed to have gotten the idea that they were above all that stuff?

Do they hire direct entry Captains?

Dechi
2nd Oct 2002, 19:45
lightoutandarmed,

Please check your private messages,

Thank you,

Dechi

extreme P
2nd Oct 2002, 21:59
All I did was post a fact. You can interpret it anyway you see fit.

mjbow2
21st Jan 2003, 04:40
Might I be so bold as to suggest that a 2000 hour guy has probably never seen the autopilot. Hes probably a friggin Ace at hand flying......

Just a thought!