PDA

View Full Version : FTO Credit Checks

AHH
26th Sep 2001, 19:28
Anyone confirm if doing a Credit Check on a Flying Training Organisation is a valid way of checking one out before money goes down and,if so, any advice on how to do it on a UK one ?

NewBloke
26th Sep 2001, 19:58
Hi AHH,

Probably can't answer your reply as detailed as you like, but I have read threads on this subject matter before - in fact only a couple of months ago from what I remember. Someone posted a reply that contained a web address of a company that deals with such credit checks - for a small price of course. I seem to remember that the general consensus was that it was a small price to pay for the service, considering the amount of money you are likely to be forking out for training. This is the crap part - I can't remember the address !! Best do a search and I'm sure you'll find it. Unless someone else can be more helpful....

NB.

[ 26 September 2001: Message edited by: NewBloke ]

Flying Fox
26th Sep 2001, 23:27
Try:
Freesearch at Graydon (http://www.freesearch.graydon.co.uk)

FF.

Atlanta
27th Sep 2001, 13:34
When I was in small business, I learned that the banks are able to credit check companies with which I intended to transact business. I do not know whether they will do this for individuals, but I don't see why not. The question is how much they would wish to charge for this service (being the avaricious sharks I think they are). Have a word with your bank: provided charges are reasonable perhaps this would be an option. :)

wobblyprop
28th Sep 2001, 16:20
Always try and pay for stuff on a credit card as it might allow you to get some money back if things do go wrong at your FTO

AHH
29th Sep 2001, 01:04
Many Thanks for the above advice