PDA

View Full Version : help on atpl school?

Davidils20l
19th Sep 2002, 20:31
Hi,

Am looking to complete my ATPL theory and hopefully get my FAA commercial converted. Am looking for a good school. Dos not have to be England. I have been reading the forums for about a year but would really like some input as to which school would most likely help me to pass my exams.

Thanks to you all and good luck to all those trying to achive what seems imposible.

Father Mulcahy
19th Sep 2002, 21:38
There are many good schools... A quick use of the search facility will bring up a ton of posts of the subject. Are you going to go full time studying or distance learning ?

I commenced distance learning with Bristol GS in May and recently passed the 8 exams of the first module at the first attempt (and with a 90+% average :D yeehaw !!!). I cannot praise Alex and his team at Bristol enough, and would totally recommend them to anyone thinking of distance learning. The course material is comprehensive and the feedback and practice exams really do get you ready for the main event.

Of course just my own view, and I am sure that many a Coventry, Oxford etc graduate will give you a similar story about their school. If I was you I'd send for info packs/speak to each provider, see what material/service you get from them on your initial contact.

Best of Luck, it's an important decision !!!

FM

FlyingForFun
20th Sep 2002, 08:10
I'd second FM's sentiments re. Bristol. However, they only do Distance Learning, and I'd strongly recommend that you don't do DL unless you don't have the time/money to do a residential course - the course is hard enough already, don't make it any harder than it needs to be!

Oxford seems to be the most highly recommended residential course. No personal experience, though - I don't have the time to do a residential course, so I'm doing Distance Learning with Bristol.

Good luck!

FFF
------------