PDA

View Full Version : Do you need this software?

alexkuzn
19th Sep 2002, 18:08
I am a software engineer. Recently I wrote a set of add-on instrumental panels for Microsoft Flight Sim for B777. They are B777 Secondary EICAS panels you can run on separate computer and they look and function exactly like real thing getting real-time data from Flight Sim.

Now my friend - B777 pilot is asking me to write training software for B777 Lower EICAM. He is saying that there is no descktop training software available for pilots on Upper or Lower EICAS .

If created it would look something like this:

1. You choose a panel from a list of Upper/Lower EICAS panels and while you move mouse over different indicators tool tips give you a short description on what that indicator does. You’ll be able to see the panel in normal modes or you can choose any particular failure from a list.

2. You can choose from a multiple scenarios for each panel to see animation on how panel function in a normal mode and with different failures.

Before I start working on this I’d like to make sure there is a real need for this kind of software.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

18-Wheeler
19th Sep 2002, 22:26
Try here - http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/boards/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Flight+Simulation+Message+Board+&number=12&DaysPrune=20&LastLogin= - You should get more interest.

Background Noise
21st Sep 2002, 19:00
I get the impression you are alking about real training software for real pilots? - if so I think you've been a bit prematurely moved and this should be in the forum in which you started it.