View Full Version : From Zero to First Officer

magpie
20th Jun 2001, 23:29
Has anyone out there ordered the four manuals entitled Zero to First Officer? They are advertised in Flyer and from the website it would seem that the approach is refreshingly straightforward ie.'Tell it like it is'. The authors certainly seem to have the right credentials. Do the manuals offer any more info than can be acquired from this site?

------------------
Laugh it up, fuzzball.

NewBloke
21st Jun 2001, 15:16
Magpie,

I ordered these 'manuals' some time ago now, and I would say they are pretty good. Generally, they offer what seems to be sensible advice and encouragement on various subjects, all except for some dodgy horse betting scheme (scam!?!?) that they recommend in order to get your hands on some cash !! I couldn't buy into that one ! I am amused by their description of "4 manuals" too. Four manuals is really four photocopied, 50 page booklets that have been ring-binded into one. Still... it's the content that matters eh ? The writing style is very 'friendly' and encouraging, by this I mean it reads like many pprune threads !! - not too formal and stifled, and pretty clear and concise. I think there has been quite a bit posted about these manuals so check out the search facility. "Guide To Getting A Commercial Pilot's Licence" by Clive Hughes (I think) seems to be a popular book too, and appears to be very highly recommended. I say it's probably worth getting both....

All the best,

NB.

[This message has been edited by NewBloke (edited 21 June 2001).]

Knuck
21st Jun 2001, 16:10
YKYMF Boo

NewBloke
21st Jun 2001, 20:07
huh !?!?