PDA

View Full Version : Prime 'the best 9 months of my flying career'!

Brandy
19th Sep 2002, 11:32
I just wanted to say that up until last week i worked for the best airline of my career. Prime Airlines

We were all informed on 12th Sept that the A/C was to be returned to the leassors which, was a shock as we were so busy.

I would like to take the time to thank all the crews i worked with for such a fab time and some of the best trips i have been fortunate to experience.

But there is one person who above all else deserves recognition for all the hard work and effort she applied to Prime to make it the airline it was !! Primes' Cabin Service Manager is one of the best i have been lucky to work for, she listened to crew and respected their views and the culture she had created at Prime was one of respect for each other regardless of rank!, something i feel some airlines could learn a thing or two from.

I won't mention her name as i am sure if you have worked with this lady you will know she is great!!!

From all the Prime Cabin Crew Thank you and i hope i get the chance to work with you again one day !! :D

UFGBOY
19th Sep 2002, 17:02
YEAH RITE.........

NO ONE COULD MATCH HER STANDARDS............

hlm300
19th Sep 2002, 17:26
I couldn't agree more with Brandy. Prime was my second airline and I've had the best experience of my career so far. I'm totally devastated that it's gone and will really miss all the crew that I worked with.
Tha cabin crew were fantastic and we should all be proud of what we've achieved since Prime started last year. As for the cabin services manager I don't think I'll ever come across anyone like her again, she's one in a million (I think I speak for the whole crew). I'd like to say thanks to the flight deck crew that were all equally great to work with.

Nothing more to say really apart from I will miss you all and I hope to meet up with you again soon (preferably in a galley) xx:(

irishcc
19th Sep 2002, 19:13
Yes,

A big Well Done, to the best girls in Aviation.

Without their hard work, PRIME would not have been !

Congrats Alli and Lorna

Brandy
19th Sep 2002, 19:44
Sorry 'irishcc' but my comments are relating to post Ali and Lorna days.

From the feed back i have recieved, things improved when they left and we wouldn't want them stealing any ones thunder now!!
:rolleyes:

I am sure they played their part in Prime but my recognition is to those who were there in the last 9 months.

Safe and happy flying!!! ;)

aeroground
19th Sep 2002, 20:18
All i can say is well done to Ali, Lorna and the the rest for the work they put in while i was there and the ones that had the misfortune to end up out of work earlier they know who they are.

you can sing the praises of your leader but all the hard work was put in by the early people.

good luck all

HalesAndPace
20th Sep 2002, 11:12
Heard about both sides, a great deal of work all round. Have to agree with Brandy about the last 9 months though!:D

Comment from all the flight deck crews - it was absolutely great to work with all the Prime cabin crew too. Good luck to all for successful job hunting.

coupe
21st Sep 2002, 23:00
If we are talking about MH I had the pleasure of working with her in a previous life, and yes she was a Gem

Xenia
22nd Sep 2002, 14:03
It is always very sad to hear those kind of news :(
All I can say in this moment is good luck to all of you looking for a new job, and a well done for all your hard work at Prime.

johnjoseph
24th Sep 2002, 22:09
YES IT IS VERY SAD TO HEAR WHEN AIRLINES GO UNDER,BUT PRIME NEVER REALLY GOT IT TOGETHER FROM THE START.FOR ALL THE HARD WORK THAT ALI AND LORNA ETC PUT IN IN THE BEGINING THEY WERE ALWAYS UP AGAINST A HUGE BRICK WALL OF DISORGANISATION ETC,ETC.THEY KNEW WHEN TO ESCAPE A SINKING SHIP!
BRANDY AND HLM300 NO NEED TO BROWN NOSE ANYMORE FROM WHAT I HEARD OF THE CSM SHE WAS THE OPPOSITE OF YOUR RATHER POIGNANT DISCRIPTION.ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS ITS NO MORE
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL IN THIS VERY COMPETITIVE INDUSTRY IN FINDING NEW JOBS.ITS TOUGH OUT THERE!!
:)

HalesAndPace
25th Sep 2002, 08:45
Poor JohnJoseph. FIRSTLY, PLEASE DON’T SHOUT – IT’S VERY RUDE. But there again, that’s in character, as all your other posts have been very anti-Prime – including at least 1 that was closed because of your comments.

So, please put your nail file away and quit bitching. What you “heard” was blatantly wrong. As you obviously weren’t there for the last 9 months, please don’t bore us with your petty, snide remarks.

Hostie from Hell
25th Sep 2002, 08:55
Well said HalesAndPace

some just never grow up:rolleyes:

Brandy
25th Sep 2002, 09:51
Well JOHNJOSEPH, i am glad that hales and pace got to you before i did.

For your information brown noseing tends to be a bit messy !! so i steer clear of it but recognising someone for their hard work and determination well then i will 'go there'.

You obviously don't have a culture of 'respect for each other' where you come from?

Shame, you might learn something about how fun working for a great airline can be.

Now why don't you crawl back under your stone. winter is comming and you really should think about hibernating

Oh thanks to all for all the nice and constructive comments!!!!:D

:D :p :D

A300Man
25th Sep 2002, 10:50
Hello Everyone.

I normally only post on the Middle East forum, since I am a huge fan of Qatar Airways (not an employee), but want the Company (Qatar) to be a success too.

Normally, all I find on the Middle East forum is a whole load of dirt throwing and other nonsense that is not desrved by anyone who cares to express an opinion.

So, with that in mind, it was very refreshing to have read all of your nice words about Prime and your time there. It proves that not all cabin crew and not all management are of the "handbag and nail files drawn at 20 paces type".

I too wish all of you the very best in your future careers. From the comments above, you all appear to be a nice bunch of people who deserve a break.....

Good Luck!!

johnjoseph
25th Sep 2002, 12:44
YAWN!!! the jet-lag still gets to me after 12 years.
are we on a group shared computer?
well firstly h.p you are right i wasn't at prime for the last 9 months neither was i there for the last 12/13 months that prime traded but i do have very reliable contacts that kept me updated in the roller coaster ride that was prime.
now then brandy,stone i do not need to crawl under for the winter as i'll be very busy on trips to lax,jnb,hkg, bkk,dxb to name but a few.also i'll be busy doing recruitment so i look forward to putting faces to the many names mentioned to me.if you and mlh300 weren,t brown nosing you must have had a perm contract for what that was worth.now as i said earlier good luck to you all as it is very competitive and the standards out there are high.happy pen-pushing,look 4ward to seeing you soon! ;) ;)

Brandy
25th Sep 2002, 16:18
Can i just ask why if, you have never worked for an airline it gives you the right to s**g it off!!

Oh and don't try bullying me about you being in recruitment what makes you think i want to work with the likes of you any way ?

You are the sort of people i can't stand in airlines, bullies, just because you do a bit of recruitment does not give you super powers you know!

And if i had been flying 12 yrs and only got to be a recruiter well I would not be shouting about it! says a lot about your career then mate !!!!!!:rolleyes:

And long haul is not the be all and end all. :eek:

opsmaneurope
25th Sep 2002, 18:06
I find it a great shame that rather than let a company R.I.P. you get idiots such as JJ posting such excreta.
These individuals obviously have some fond memories so why not let them voice them and stay out of it.
I am not defending Brandy nor the CSM, these cabin crew had a reasonably good life as cabin crew go, approx 50% empty sectors, scheduled and frequent night stops in interesting and different places so if JJ is happy to fly 300+ (that's if allowed to play with big toys of course) moaning punters long haul with rarely if ever an empty sector then it is JJ who has been missing out on life.
Perhaps if posts were based on fact rather than supposed very reliable contacts then we all might get along a little better.
Prime was an adhoc operation, this made life both exciting and interesting, if this is descibed as a roller coaster operation then so be it, roller coasters are for fun aren't they?
I rest my case.