View Full Version : SEMINARS - WE ARE OFF AGAIN!!!!

InFinRetirement
20th Jun 2001, 23:02
SATURDAY 15TH DECEMBER at the THISTLE GATWICK HOTEL

We can take 50 as before - 25 in each of the rooms. The format will be as before but with a couple of other subjects - one decided the other to be decided. I will let you know in a week or two.

Now! There was a strong feeling after the last bash that many of you would not mind a charge of £15-£20. As you know the fund paid nearly 45% of the £950 the rooms and refreshements cost.

The fund can of course be considered for the uses of this kind, but I would be pleased if the hard earned cash we have accumulated thus far can be used for its intended purpose in the coming months.

I would, therefore, be grateful if you would indicate whether you would be willing to cover the costs.

Any other comments on this are also welcome.

Finally, THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO PUT YOUR NAME DOWN FOR THE SEMINARS, THAT WILL BE IN ABOUT FOUR WEEKS. IF DO PUT YOUR NAME DOWN IT WILL BE IGNORED I AM AFRAID.

[This message has been edited by InFinRetirement (edited 20 June 2001).]

redsnail
20th Jun 2001, 23:26
Goody :)

------------------
reddo...feral animal!

saggy
20th Jun 2001, 23:31
IFR,
I would be happy to pay something extra! I'm sure others will agree with me...
As was mentioned in a previous thread it is an invaluable source of information and was a great help to all of us that attended!

Saggy

------------------
G-XX finals and ...hopefully land! :)

IanBowden
20th Jun 2001, 23:38
I am new to this but i am presuming these are seminars with info for wanabees on training etc? If so, do you only do them at gatwick or do you venture further north? Gatwick is a bit of a stretch for me at the mo thats all, with sixth form etc.

Ian

mad_jock
20th Jun 2001, 23:43
I am not taking the piss, but isn't the 5th of December a Wednesday?

Could you please confirm the date?

And no problems covering the costs by the sounds of the last event its worth every penny.

MJ

IFR
Thankgod for that, i though that was 4 piss up's i had on that week. I would start getting sporan sores.

[This message has been edited by mad_jock (edited 20 June 2001).]

InFinRetirement
21st Jun 2001, 00:01
Mad Jock. Correct!!! It should be 15th Silly IFR! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif

scroggs
21st Jun 2001, 00:35
IFR, I assume that priority will be given to those who didn't make the last one? I'm only trying to avoid more heckling from Reddo, you understand!

Smoke me a kipper
21st Jun 2001, 01:31
Anyone who is seriously considering a career in aviation really should try to attend these seminars.

As has been repeated over and over, the seminars at Gatbash were excellent with comprehensive information from the guys who have been there and done that!! Plus Scroogs, WWW, Sick Squid and all, were very approachable with any questions that we had. Poor Sick Squid and Mrs Sick Squid put up with about an hour of questions from a group of us at the bash!!

IFR - I would have been happy to pay for the seminars, I was shocked that they were free and that the money to pay for them had come from others generosity!

10W
21st Jun 2001, 01:43
Nice one IFR. I'm sure it will be another success.

Smoke me a kipper

You think you're shocked !! I'm still waiting for my industry average £300 per hour consultancy fees and IFR isn't answering my e-mails or solicitors letters ;)

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]

November Whiskey
21st Jun 2001, 01:54
Too slow last time.....

I would be happy to stump up abit extra to cover costs. Last time sounded like a great success.

Don't go without me!

GAF4139
21st Jun 2001, 02:17
I missed the last Gatwick bash, but I would be interested in going to the December seminars. I wouldn't mind to pay 20 quid to cover the cost.

GAF4139

Delta Wun-Wun
21st Jun 2001, 02:41
Not a problem paying the extra.Stopping for the evening as well this time.
Autofly..You coming out to play?

------------------
GET THE BLOODY NOSE DOWN!

[This message has been edited by Delta Wun-Wun (edited 20 June 2001).]

Big Bad Dom
21st Jun 2001, 03:09
Of course I would be happy to pay for this kind of thing. £20 would be a bargain!

Sick Squid
21st Jun 2001, 03:22
Smoke me a Kipper! it was a pleasure mate, and I'd do the same thing again to help anyone who genuinely wants to get into the job, as will ALL the guys and gals who gave the seminars, and (I think its also fair and accurate to say,) so would any other PPruNers at the bashes who are asked. You are after all asking pilots to talk about flying if you think about it... and we all HATE doing that, don't we! :)

Good luck with the application, let me know how it goes.

£6

Jetgate
21st Jun 2001, 06:54
Just perfect!! Will be home by then and I'm sure I'll be able to muster 20 squid.

InFinRetirement
21st Jun 2001, 11:57
scroggs has a point. Ummmm! Yes, preference will be given to those who could not attend last time.

I am most impressed - again! - with our wannabes enthusiasm. Keep that up guys and gals and you have your future secured. :)

ohtofly
21st Jun 2001, 12:04
I'll certainly be willing to pay more. Didn't attend the last but it got a brilliant write up

pj997
21st Jun 2001, 12:15
I am willing to pay the £££ and a more if required, as it does work out to be such a small cost compared to the total cost of getting an ATPL...

However, I definitely agree that prioriety should be given to those who missed out on the previous seminar..

Keep up with the good work in organising these seminars, your efforts are appreciated

PJ

CommanderBlonde
21st Jun 2001, 12:26
Unfortunately I can't make the 15th as that is the day I leave to complete my PPL :)!

However, based on the success of these seminars, is there any chance they will become annual or bi-annual?

Harold Bishop
21st Jun 2001, 12:35
Definately available and will be keen as. Willing to cover any costs.

GPS Approach
21st Jun 2001, 12:56
IFR,

Will definately pay £20 or so for the seminar, I'm sorry I couldn't make the last one, but I get made redundant the week before and didn't get paid! Still new job now, so should be able to make it in December.

------------------
Aargh, that was the taxiway we landed on!

VFE
21st Jun 2001, 14:16
If I'm in the country then I will most definately be interested in attending.

As for the cost - I don't mind paying £20, it all benefits the fund.

VFE.

[This message has been edited by VFE (edited 21 June 2001).]

Pielander
21st Jun 2001, 14:29
Yup. For those of you who missed out last time, it would be well worth 20 of your hard earned £'s for a place on the next seminars.

Smoke me a Kipper:

Was I in that group by any chance? I'm not normally that keen on seafood, but I seem to remember getting some very helpful advice from a very patient squid. In fact, I think that was as helpful as the seminars themselves, so thanks Mr. Squid. :)

IFR:

Is there going to be another p!$$-up after the seminars?

Pie

InFinRetirement
21st Jun 2001, 14:45
Oh yes! Forgot to mention that we are having our bi-annual bash, but we are having a Christmas dinner around 10-12 seater tables - not the usual buffet.

Please see PPRuNe Bashes for the details so far.

capt_kangeroo
21st Jun 2001, 15:24
IFR

I will most certainly contribute the price indicated!

Cheers

Kanga

Tip tank
21st Jun 2001, 15:53
I will be putting my name down and £15-20 is a fair price.

TheNavigator
21st Jun 2001, 16:00
Count on me this time! No prob about the £20!

Keep it running IFR

------------------
TheNavigator

Blindside
21st Jun 2001, 17:37
I'm more than happy to pay.

Great stuff!

Tinstaafl
21st Jun 2001, 19:45
Ahem, 10W

When you said your fee would be 300 we took that to mean pints. I'm quite sure that collectively we've managed to shout you about that many!

Did you not understand the payment nature of all the beer? If you shouted a few yourself in return then I think we can just chalk it up to 'business expenses'. Obviously that opens up the opportunity for a tax deduction for you. :) :) :)

-------------
T: Financial advisor to the stars & the occasional senior ATS personage

G SXTY
21st Jun 2001, 19:48
Wouldn't miss it for the World IFR! Betty Ford clinic booked for the following week, and I've added a new liver to my Christmas list. ;)

Stand by to count me in.

------------------
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit pruning.

were we shot down?
21st Jun 2001, 20:47
That small charge sounds more than reasonable considering the respone to the last seminar! Shall definately be interested!

Fra
21st Jun 2001, 21:45
Like-wise,

Let us all know the dates, and the intended location.

I'll be there with bells on.

Cheers

Fra

Autofly
21st Jun 2001, 21:55
Delta Wun Wun,

I like to think that I learn by my mistakes ...... you dam right i'm going!!!

All wannabes ..... YOU MUST GO!!!! I learn't so much at the last event you wouldn't believe it!!!

Autofly

redsnail
22nd Jun 2001, 02:25
10W ya blouse!! you left 2 pints of beer on the bar last time ;)

Scroggs - chicken ;)

------------------
reddo...feral animal!

mad_jock
22nd Jun 2001, 05:47
redsnail if i bring my spare kilt along do you want to get scroggs into it?

I can't do the top half but we can kit him out in the rest if it tickles your fancy?.

MJ

scroggs
22nd Jun 2001, 22:06
Reddo,
it's a bit much to expect me to keep up with banter three pages after may last comment! Anyway, I don't do kilts. Unless they're 18" above the knee and being worn by some svelte Oz beauty..... Elle McPherson? Olivia Neutron Bomb? Kylie? Danni? Kylie AND Danni? Redsnail?? Now we're talking....! Bagpipes as well, please!

mad_jock
26th Jun 2001, 09:48
Back to the top for essex boy

MJ

Vicious Squirrel
26th Jun 2001, 13:55
Definitely well worth it! All you wannbes that didn't make it, GO!!! :)

capt_kangeroo
27th Jun 2001, 12:46
BTTT ;)

VTOL
28th Jun 2001, 18:59
Keeping it up for Blighty....

:)

Red_Devil
29th Jun 2001, 12:05
And it's back to the top again...... :)

Edited due to my poor spelling this Friday morning.....

[This message has been edited by Red_Devil (edited 29 June 2001).]