PDA

View Full Version : Any idea's for a eulogy please

axiom
19th Sep 2002, 07:45
Dear gang;

Good mate just necked himself, non flyer, got tangled up with beuracrats, couldn't handle things.

I have to speak at his funeral.

So close to recent aviation s**t that it is "relevent".

Anyone got some good and sensitive words.

URGENT !!!:( :(

OzExpat
19th Sep 2002, 08:42
You sound like you know how you feel about it axiom so just speak your feelings, express your genuine shock and sadness. Nothing goes down quite so well as true feelings.

Believe in yourself and it'll come out just fine.

My sympathies.

Kaptin M
19th Sep 2002, 13:23
Hey Dude, if you feel that it is "So close to recent aviation s**t that it is "relevent". ", then express your feelings as such!
You've felt the need to come here to get our opinion(s), but perhaps by doing that you have also shown yourself (to) where you feel the "thread" is central.

OzExpat offers you fine advice with his words of wisdom.

Elk McPherson
20th Sep 2002, 06:20
Agree with Ozex and KM.

I have delivered a couple of Eulogies, and heard more than a young woman should have at my age. A few were downright shockers. The minister at my Grandfathers funeral had my grandfathers name completely wrong.

At the risk of telling you how to suck eggs, by way of general advice I might add: remember that funerals are for those that are left, not those that have passed on. He won't really care what you say!

As the person delivering the Eulogy, you should seek to touch each person at the service. Try to avoid reflecting too much on your own personal relationship with your friend - it will have little relevance to your audience and you perhaps choking yourself up.

Only mention the good things, make light of or brush over the bad things, and try to paint their life as happy, loving and successful.

All the best