PDA

View Full Version : Painful ppruning

Mmmmnice
17th Sep 2002, 18:52
Is it just me and my geriatric eqpt, or does the fancy pulsing FSTA banner on every page reduce the load rate to an absolute crawl?
If it is just me, then abuse me publicly and let this thread die a justly painful death - if not; can someone up there sort it.......?

mutleyfour
17th Sep 2002, 19:53
Dear MMMMMM,

Have to say "mine is working as dreamily as usual" and I haven't a clue why yours isn't?

Have you tried closing down unused icons in your taskbar?

Thats the thin line at the bottom of the screen!!!!!

:D :D :D ;)

Tonkenna
17th Sep 2002, 21:12
Do they think that anyone on PPRUNE will have any input into the FSTA project anyway, with the obvious exception of my mate BEagle of course.

Tonks :)

BEagle
17th Sep 2002, 21:58
Not me chum! All sorts of IPTs and assesors will be making that decision - way above my pay grade!!

Always_broken_in_wilts
18th Sep 2002, 00:46
Just stumped up for one of these high speed doo hickeys and mine goes like billy whiz:)

all spelling mistakes are "df " alcohol induced

Art Field
18th Sep 2002, 17:19
Sorry Beags but what is an IPT?. Also at last I have caught you with a spealling mostuke, shame on you our bearer of standards. Mind you I had to use a spell checker to assess your spelling, the decaying of the old grey cells you know.

Chris Kebab
18th Sep 2002, 18:58
Art,

Saving BEagle the effort - it's an Integrated Project Team. A concept the MoD nicked from the US and ham fistedly implemented. The idea is that a dedicated Defence Procurement Agency (DPA) IPT "team" procures a system/platform prior to the whole thing being handed over to another IPT "team" for in-service support within the Defence Logistics Organisation (DLO). Applies to the whole MoD now.

I will pass no further comments on IPTs!

Art Field
18th Sep 2002, 19:39
Thanks Kebabs, I did not know I had met one but I now know that I did, Integrated would not be the word I would have used.

BEagle
18th Sep 2002, 20:05
IPTs are usually composed of a bunch of chair-polishing 'engineers' in suits assisted by a promotion-hungry GD bloke or 2. Their constipating efforts towards the smooth procurement of what we actually need are legendary...760 channel VHF, Omega replacement, VC10 fridge pack replacement, 8.33 Khz VHF, FM-immune VHF/VOR/ILS, TCAS, JTIDS, SIFF...........and the list grows ever longer.............

L J R
18th Sep 2002, 20:09
As a ppruneaholic I will put up with anything and thank all those who get it delivered to me, and I understand that bills must be paid for by those who 'sponsor' pprune.

BUT.

It does take some time recently for Pprune to load whilst the names of all those logged on come up. I wish Broadband was available here at ice station Lima and sunny Elgin [oh ho there goes my cover!!]

...and does anyone else get the 'advertising features' while accessing their PPRUNE pilot e-mail. Once again I fully appreciate the free service and will put up with it, but given the choice I would rather do without.

maxburner
19th Sep 2002, 11:25
INDEPENDENT Project Team, surely. At least, thats the way they seem to work.