PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in the Middle East

PMS
17th Sep 2002, 18:41
To all and sundry who are approach radar and preferably tower rated and looking for sun and tax free money.

The Qatari Civil Aviation Authority is looking for suitably experienced and validated approach radar controllers.

About 7 new controllers are required.

The money is tax free (12000QAR and about to rise) and the accommodation is large new villas, very nice.

Any interested party should contact the SATCO Mr Ahmed al EShaq via email at [email protected]

For those of you in the Northern Hemisphere there is 360 days plus of sunshine a year.

Be quick

Proceed As Cleared
17th Sep 2002, 22:11
Qatar, hmmmm...

Wouldn't really wanna be there once the Bush-Hawks set their war machinery against Saddam in motion.

Roger Dodge
18th Sep 2002, 08:52
12,000 Riyals eh? I guess that is per month?

I think I'd rather stay here, I earn more than that, and there is no real risk of being caught up in a war;)

PMS
18th Sep 2002, 10:42
:D

Dear Proceed,

I doubt that the british Hawks will need to be here, as it looks a bit like a fart in a bottle at this stage of play. Beats the c**p weather that you guys have to put up with, not to mention the tax.

TTFN :cool: :cool:

Bright-Ling
18th Sep 2002, 11:05
And then there is the problem of affording a house in the UK on yr return....spiralling prices etc!

Mind you - probably find Qatar safer than UK/US if a war starts. Iraq didn't attack Qatar last time did they?

PMS
18th Sep 2002, 11:19
Bright Ling,

you are correct on that one. There is a large US military presence already here though.

TTFN

Kuntrol_Freek
18th Sep 2002, 13:57
The money is tax free (12000QAR and about to rise) and the accommodation is large new villas, very nice.

...large new villas ????
Sounds a bit sus to me. Are we talking from first hand knowledge PMS or just "heard on the grapevine"

Any other benefits that you know of?

PMS
18th Sep 2002, 14:56
:D :D

Dear ****rol

I hate to say it but it is first hand knowledge, as I am in one and it is free accommodation, fully furnished, fairly easy going unit.

There are a few other benefits, 45 days leave with airfares, to name one.

If you want any other info drop me a line.

TTFN

Kuntrol_Freek
18th Sep 2002, 15:04

PMS
18th Sep 2002, 17:58
****ol_Freek

ditto, check yourmessage bank.
TTFN

TrafficTraffic
18th Sep 2002, 18:22
The Goose is lose - in the desert for god sake!

Bart

(You know - dont you!)

Got your email - sounds nice - repeat after me...

"Qatari 002 After the landing squadron of F117's line up and wait"?

How much do you pay for petrol, now that will really hurt us, here it is about $2.30 Ausy Pesos.

divingduck
18th Sep 2002, 23:44
TT...hereabouts it's around 50c Aussie....but we pay double what they do further up north..:(

PMS...nice to see you back....pity about that part of the sandpit... they are still looking for bods here:p the salary is marginally higher:D

PMS
19th Sep 2002, 03:20
TT AKA Bart

Howdy there old china hows things.

Petrol here is 35c Oz per litre, not too bad, send me a private message when you can.

Duck

Are they still looking for bods, I will email you?

PMS
19th Sep 2002, 12:22
Duck,,

check your private messages

PMS

TTFN

ferris
20th Sep 2002, 01:05
Now who is doing their own advertising to pump up the roster?

Spitoon
20th Sep 2002, 18:41
PMS, if they're that short of controllers why don't they respond to applications sent after the advert in Flight International?

Kuntrol_Freek
21st Sep 2002, 01:19
.....agreed. I sent 2 e-mails 2 weeks apart.....NOTHING.
Perhaps it was the wrong e-mail address [email protected] ?????

oops! edited to spell Quatar correctly.:confused:

PMS
21st Sep 2002, 03:18
Spitoon and ****rol_Freek,

I am not the SATCO so I am unable and at a loss as to explain why this is so. I don't know if they were inundated with applications or just sitting on their arses and being picky (most probably the latter as the ARABS tend to do this sort of thing)

My only suggestion is to keep trying or ring up and find out what is going on.

TTFN:p :p

Pushin_Tin
21st Sep 2002, 09:43
PMS...

G'day mate....good to hear from you...check your personal mail.

Keep em appart

Kuntrol_Freek
21st Sep 2002, 10:16
appart..????

Your spelling is as bad as the movie... :rolleyes:

The Spelling Police

Rice Whine
21st Sep 2002, 16:23
P-perhaps its a s-stutter.;)

Spitoon
4th Nov 2002, 22:11
So - does anyone know what happened about the Qatar jobs???

mainecoon
4th Nov 2002, 23:05
vicks!

flowman
4th Nov 2002, 23:16
After the way expats were treated by the Kuwaitis after the Gulf war I would prefer not to prostitute myself to the nose pickers. Each to his own though.