View Full Version : Call Backs for Britannia

Duggie
20th Jun 2001, 14:32
Well, the assessment days are over. Hallelujah!!! Thanks to everyone who gave info for the day. Was all very helpful. So.....Have any of you received word of a call back yet??

Teroc
20th Jun 2001, 16:21
Duggie,
Is this a sponsorship deal or direct entry?
Any links to info re: same ?

I must have missed this one.

T.

luvly jubbly
20th Jun 2001, 16:28
Direct entry.

Got an application form too late I think.
Was sent it less than a week before the assessment days.

Duggie
21st Jun 2001, 02:15
LJ, I wouldn't worry too much about getting your form in too late. We were told that they were going to do another batch of assessment days in three weeks.

MAX
26th Jun 2001, 11:47
Have simride and final interviews This week. Wish me luck.

MAX http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

NORDIC
26th Jun 2001, 21:59
Had sim ride and final interviews this week, and have fingers very tightly crossed!

Good luck to all others going to GECAT, hope all goes well for you.

The advice given on previous threads is very good......and quite accurate.

CHEERS,

NORDIC :)

Cruise Alt
27th Jun 2001, 00:46
Max Duggie & Nordic how many hours have you got.Do you know if Britannia consider folks with low hours (about 400)?

High Volt
27th Jun 2001, 01:27
Not having an ATPL (ie: unfrozen) was a real pain in the butt when I applied for Brits. Even though I had some jet time none of the airlines would send me a form because I didn't have a full ATPL.

I was given a chance after attending a BALPA job conf with 1200 hours. After being offered the job (all very last minute in true airline style) there were two guys on my course with 200 hours so if they turn you down it is not necessarily because of your time.

Stay tuned: with recent recent moves in the job market, recruitment chances can only get better! Good Luck.

pogop
27th Jun 2001, 01:51
Britannia seem to take a real mixture of experience levels - I joined a couple of years ago with about 700 hours total (no jet time) and around the same time they also took on a few guys out of "509" courses with just 250 hours.

Tinstaafl
27th Jun 2001, 02:11
They knocked me back with over 3700 hrs because I'm over 30 with no jet time. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Tinstaafl (edited 26 June 2001).]

flite idol
27th Jun 2001, 02:55
Yep, aviations greatest myth, "no jet time.! Sorry, if only.!" Truth be known most turboprops and indeed most twin props period are more of a handfull than a biz or transport jet. I might be romanticizing but I`m fairly sure I was a more competent and aware pilot when I flew single pilot IFR in a piston twin. Trying to convince a potential employer though is another thing. Been there and failed miserably.!

ravenx
28th Jun 2001, 15:51
I keep hearing people on this forum say "go for it you're not too old at 40" - but if the big boys like britt are saying no jet time and you're over 30 surely that statement can't true. Is this a common theme through the airlines

Island Air
28th Jun 2001, 20:24
No jet time is not the true picture, although they may paint it so. If you have good turbo prop time (1000+ 2 crew command) then you WILL be looked at, whatever your age!