PDA

View Full Version : Heavylift no more

sqwaukbox
16th Sep 2002, 23:36
:mad:
well guys its finally happened. Time to stop being ostriches, hales and pace have really shown you all what management is all about. Of course with lots of input from those good old brits x and x could we expect any less.
word is the black suits are in today to really bend you over.
Anyone want to buy a sweet old lady belfast.

Sad news indeed,

JOBBA
17th Sep 2002, 14:49
:mad: If they stopped allowing all of these N reg freighters to flog around Europe every night, it may keep some of the smaller european carriers in work.
Hope you guys all manage to find jobs!

Rwy in Sight
19th Sep 2002, 12:47
Is the flying part of Heavylift or just the engineering one that it was closed down.?

JOBBA
20th Sep 2002, 08:45
All of it!

HalesAndPace
20th Sep 2002, 11:17
Afraid it is all of Heavylift Cargo (including Prime).:(
Heavylift Engineering at Southend also down the Swanee......

Mikeloady
20th Sep 2002, 17:55
Sorry to hear the bad news, I worked with Happylift for a few years and thoroughly enjoyed it , a good bunch of guys to work with. I wish you all good luck in finding other jobs....another 'institution' down the plughole...

So the contadiction in terms that was 'Heavylift Management' did'nt change

MaxBlow
20th Sep 2002, 22:03
Sorry to hear that ! Join the club.
Wonder who´ll pick up all that A300 work ? TNT/LH/AF
Sad, very very sad.

HZ123
23rd Sep 2002, 16:20
HLT are by some means or other still operating with a 737 and 727 in the hangars. There was an early shift present on Saturday morning and their long term maintainence a/c are in front of the hangars, seemingly moved from the usual parking spot.

stanley
25th Sep 2002, 13:20
M.N.G. have the C.G.N. to A.R.N. contract as of Monday.
the Turks seem to pick up all the spair work,must be the price.

MaxBlow
27th Sep 2002, 12:42
guess it´s not only their price but also because they´re the only ones left.

:rolleyes:

justforfun
29th Sep 2002, 17:51
As Mikeloady says - they were an institution, in the UK anyway... real shame!
Still, people still need to fly FRT - with any luck any "new" airlines'll have a "can do" approach instead of relying on "the integrators" Best of luck to everyone looking for work!

Loc-out
13th Oct 2002, 08:01
Any of the pilots manage to find work, if they had not all jumped before they were pushed?

ArielMSharon
13th Oct 2002, 10:19
I hear that the Belfast has been sold to an Aussie group who are leasing it to Lionair Cargo. It will be moved to PIK next weekend and then to the Middle East.

VP8
13th Oct 2002, 12:40
I've heard that one as well

I hope they got all the paperwork out of the old HLA offices as I've been told that there was a few of the aircrafts enginering AP's off the old girl still in the rubbish pile and they might have been disposed of by now!!

Hope she goes aviating again. It would be a shame to see it cut up

VEEPS :)

VP8
14th Oct 2002, 22:47
Is it true the "Guv" is involved with the Belfast project as I've heard the principal is looking at resurrecting G-PS as well :rolleyes:

We shall see in the future.....

VEEPS

VP8
15th Oct 2002, 08:55
Got there before you on your suggestion Mike!!

Docs now in right hands (M.R.) still awaiting salvage award will go twoffers with you.

Good luck in Portugal see you soon car still safe!!

VEEPS;)

heavyless
20th Oct 2002, 16:50
good luck to all that might fly again in the befast on the ground out side ATC! thats a realistic idea.But PS!!!! come on get real .
theres nowt in it apart from wild life,its on stands on the ground .What about spares engines, props, etc etc........whos got the expertise and knowledge to rebuild it ? with what approvals.Sorry its just not going to happen.

JW411
27th Oct 2002, 09:50
I have just heard a rumour that the Belfast has been bought by Polar Cargo. Perhaps they want it to move engines around?

Chris cargo
31st Oct 2002, 11:03
Ive heard Duxford has bought FT

JW411
31st Oct 2002, 16:30
I hope you are right; "Silly old Hector" thoroughly deserves a good retirement.

Papa Alpha
2nd Nov 2002, 03:13
Neil Robertson, "The Guv" of Lionair claims to have started an airline called TransOceanic Airways. I think that there was a Transoceanic Airways in the eighties, they operated a DC-8. Are these airlines one in the same?

arviator
3rd Nov 2002, 09:18
There was an outfit called "CargoLion" that used to have a DC8. I think they were based in Luxembourg or Belgium. Is it the same people?

CR2
3rd Nov 2002, 09:45
CargoLion were based in Luxembourg. As far as I'm aware, they had nothing to do with Mr Robertson.

opsmaneurope
3rd Nov 2002, 21:41
I can assure you Cargo Lion had something to do with a Mr Pohl, not a Mr Robertson

arviator
5th Nov 2002, 07:36
So are Cargo Lion still operating with Mr Pohl at the helm? Do they still have an engineer called Frank? "Goddammmit!"

CR2
5th Nov 2002, 09:49
They closed down a couple of years ago.