PDA

View Full Version : Air Desert Pacific

frogone
2nd Jan 2002, 22:01
Has anyone any experience with "Air Desert Pacific"? (www.adp-flight.com) I'm just looking at them for hour building. All comments appreciated.

EIDW

Grandad Flyer
3rd Jan 2002, 02:10
Hi again EIDW. I did a stack of hours at ADP and found that they were excellent for hour building. Couldn't recommend their instruction but then that was a while back and I am sure their instructors have changed now. They have loads of Warriors/Archers and you can disappear for a few days no problem at all. I got them to give me an Archer with 100 hours left to fly before the next check, and disappeared for a couple of weeks - got to Florida and back!!!!
Ari, the owner, is great for getting you motivated. He'll pick you up at 6am and you will fly all day if you want to.
The accommodation is cheap and cheerful but also bear in mind that many FBOs have free beds for pilots to rest in. And a courtesy car. Austin, Texas is highly recommended. Top FBO there, fab facilities. You won't want to leave!!!!!

If you want more info do e-mail me and I can answer any queries you have.

Strangely Brown
3rd Jan 2002, 15:43
I have also visited ADP. They were as efficient as you can expect any flight school. No more, no less. Aircraft are OK. Prices are the best I could find anywhere in the world. I took an aircraft for 2 weeks and clocked up 96 hours and 14 different states. Don't forget to keep your fuel receipts! Also they will pick you up from LAX for free......

Sensible
3rd Jan 2002, 15:59
I just can't stop keep going back, the scenery is fabulous, flying demanding and ATC the busiest I've experienced. Loads of greatsights and destinations and the crew at ADP are a real friendly bunch. This is really a place for hour builders and fun though, they don't do CAA/JAA PPL training. The prices are so low, the bill leaves a smile on your face. Oh, no landing fees is not strictly true, I did have to pay $5 landing fee at Catalina Island which is a private airstrip. I can really recommend that landing though, especially in a crosswind!! And then there's Big Bear!! that tests the nerves too!

edited for dredfall spellin

[ 03 January 2002: Message edited by: Sensible ]</p>

no sponsor
3rd Jan 2002, 19:26
Catalina is an experience you will not forget. Absolutely stunning, and a challenge to land at (safely).