PDA

View Full Version : F15's over Dorset

Vectac Widger
15th Sep 2002, 23:48
Never mind C130's bumbling around Dorset, what about the recent F15 activity here? Not seen one for years but my rural office has been beaten up numerous times over the past 6 weeks or so. Not that I have a problem with it. Preps for 9/11 anniversary maybe or perhaps those in east of the country have had their fill and suggested they go elsewhere for a while! ;)

MarkD
16th Sep 2002, 09:09
what about the recent F15 activity here? Not seen one for years but my rural office has been beaten up numerous times over the past 6 weeks or so

don't look like you're complaining vectac, they might stop :D :D :D

coley chaos
16th Sep 2002, 11:37
To all aircrew,

Dorset is a lovely place , especially at low level ! , please feel free to burn around our lovely neck of the woods and sample the delights of our county ! I recall seeing F15 s honking around the Cerne Abbas Giant , obviously the yanks like it large !!

Come on chaps and chapettes , we got it all ,sea , rolling hills ,good vantage points to watch you all gettin down and dirty!!

And if you could all do aeros over Dorchester for a few minutes so I can get me camera sorted out that would be absolutely poptastic mates, so go on, go on, go on.

Sorry, I watched Reach for the sky at the weekend !!:cool:

Vectac Widger
16th Sep 2002, 20:59
Never complained about air activity in my life ( 'cept the odd A4 in the Falklands dropping mud shifters on us). Good to hear the sound of freedom over Dorset. Come on down. :)

pulse1
20th Sep 2002, 08:55
Yes, do come down to Dorset but with the emphasis on the "down". i.e. below 500' as I don't want to bump into you

There seems to be a low level route which passes to the west of the EGHH control zone but it seems to be used only by helicopters these days.

It would be nice to see a few more fast noisy things again:)