PDA

View Full Version : EAAC for Sale?

MaxMet
15th Sep 2002, 20:44
Is it true that European Aviation Air Charter is up for sale?

If so!

Paul I will give you $20 US or if you throw in Minardi I will give you $10US.

Thanks a lot.

MM..

UFGBOY
16th Sep 2002, 11:31
Maybe the new owner can afford fire containment sacks for the galleys ..............

Flightrider
16th Sep 2002, 17:23
Cheshire Cat EGHH

I do not think you are right and to seek to stifle further debate by locking the thread is not, in my view, in keeping with the role of this BB. It is, after all, a rumour network and this is a rumour.

There are apparently two separate interested parties in purchasing EAAC, namely the Blue Fox people and a consortium of ex aviation people including an illustrious Antipodean ex British airline MD.

Note that I say that these people are interested parties to PURCHASE European. This is not the same as saying that Paul Stoddart is interested in SELLING European to them. However, he is not a stupid individual in any sense of the word and one has to assume that, if the right offer came along, he would sell. It is neither up to you nor I to speculate on what the right offer may be.

Brgds
Flightrider

Cayman
16th Sep 2002, 20:42
Of course EAAC is for sale, same as all companies are for sale. £40M is probably not enough, several other sides of the business should push it above that figure.

After all should Mr Easy walk into Waterworld witha fistfull of $$ would Skippy sell ??????? In realality after seeing BA's latest share price the Easy petty cash box might be enough. :)

MR WIBBLE
16th Sep 2002, 23:28
I was once told that everything is for sale at the right price

Cheshire cat EGHH
17th Sep 2002, 13:12
Rumours are leathal and prevoke court action.

MODERATORS!! PROVE YOU ARE DOING YOUR JOB AND CLOSE THIS THREAD.

many thanks,
Bex

Sick Squid
17th Sep 2002, 21:17
Cheshire Cat,

I've replied to you by e-mail, and given you reasons in there... this thread is balanced, although speculative. There are enough voices putting both sides for it to stay, in my opinion.

I will not, however, allow it to degenerate into a pointless slagging-match like many of the other threads did. I will also add that persons who work for a company MUST be careful before posting anything pertaining to that company.. we cannot act as policemen for your own personal responsibility, particularly if your contract of employment contains publicity clauses, and you are traceable.

Be warned.

Sean Dillon
17th Sep 2002, 22:20
Cheshire Cat, calm down !!!

Having been lucky enough to have been invited, along with a few other members of the industry to Donington Park a few weekends ago to have a go in the Minardi 2-seater, we had a long chat with Paul over lunch.

My understanding of him as a business man is basically, if someone offered him the right price for EAAC, he'd sell without a moments hesitation....

laidback
17th Sep 2002, 22:56
cheshire appears defensive on any rumours concering Eaac, but rumours are a good deniable way of advertising something for sale, so that you appear not to want to sell, just a thought.
Then there's the school of thought that thinks rumours of a pay rise helped stall it for most of the year, rumours of work to come are used to retain undecided cabin crew, there have been rumours of MOD flights, then done by AA?, rumours of Japan, done by AA? rumours of Cancun, done by AA? it could all be coincidental of course, the latest rumours are of the Haj to come, have you seen AA's operation on that one?. possibly a challenge but a worthy target ?.
On a lighter note, how are the portal skills this week JUNIOR crew ? , JUNIOR is a tad unkind to experienced main crew, cheshire while you are in the seat of power can you have a word about tact and mindset with the guys above. There's a rumour that if you get something cheap you don't respect it too highly.

Sick Squid
17th Sep 2002, 23:50
The other EAAC thread degenerated into a pointless slanging match, well removed from the original topic, and a waste of the bandwith provided for this site.

If you care to set your browser back a few more days, or scroll back a page or two you will find it there, in all it's former glory, sporting a padlock. That padlock will not be removed.

Cheshire cat EGHH
18th Sep 2002, 09:58
:mad: I am Trying to protect some of our rather silly empolyee's.

As i've said jobs have been lost over the last thread, and at the moment EAC cannot stand to lose any cabin crew, we are down enough as it is.

Sick squid.. I dont have any email hon?? :(

skyboy1919
18th Sep 2002, 18:14
I do have to say that this is only another thread, like many, and although it is starting rumours that the company can do without, I must say, these romours will be their with or without pprune, and this thread.

I think the real issue is the lack of information that people have within the airline, thats why these rumours surface in the first place. But I guess they cannot tell us what they don't know. It would just be nice to recive something giving us some idea of what the work situation is like for the winter so far, and next summer. People are worried, and the airline does not help by keeping everything so guarded. Even if their is not that much to say, at the moment no body even knows what we are doing next month.

And I really belive this is why a lot of people are leaving, many think these rumours are retention tricks, its the same with promotion, dear I mention it, a lot think the offers of promotion are purely for crew retention.

Just keep people informed, and although we all know things change, and not to take what is being said as solid, it gives people an idea of what to expect.

I am a big fan of european, and know it has areas that need improving, but I must say that I am getting more and more worried about how they are gonna crew these flights, as people are leaving, and with the current climate, of many airlines recruiting, I feel we will struggle, and it would be a shame to loss any more of the decent people we have working with us, just down to lack of information, or people thinking the airline is using crew retention tricks.

laidback
18th Sep 2002, 22:08
skyboy, there's much truth in what you say, but there's no point in anybody worrying, the job will last for as long as it lasts, its the way of things at this end of the pitch. Stick together and it could last longer. Cabin crew cameraderie seems to be the only glue around for sometime. An occasional newsletter would make a change from cryptic memos, if some "news" actually happened then maybe some confidence would be created, better than just hope. The hearts and minds game could be better played. Better to fill the void and avoid rumours, but commercially difficult ?
CheshireC, there are no silly employees amongst the cabin crew, all are experienced professionals but human, see them in action. So some have an occasional bitch for therapy ( don't miscontrue that ) and maybe a drink or two, they are the guardians of their own sanity, because nobody else is. A thread never caused departures, the cause of the thread may have. Point solutions at the cause not the effect. Until more open and enlightened times, this is the forum, so there's no need to yell or shout for padlocks if we stick to the fair and reasonable.

nojacketsrequired
18th Sep 2002, 22:17
Cheshire,
Just take a chill pill mate this really is ''handbags to automatic and cross check''!!!!!!!!.

NJR.('Fly to Serve').:D :D :D

MP No 805
21st Sep 2002, 16:41
EAAC has always been for sale, it is a business and Paul is an astute person. Cheshire Cat, many EAAC empoyees use PPRuNe and if you ever want to make use of your license you should be more reasoned and less provocative. No good building a wild cat reputation when starting an aviation career.

Denzil
25th Sep 2002, 21:24
Air Atlanta might be well postitioned to buy it as they operate the same aircraft and are currently after a UK AOC!!!!!:eek: :eek:

laidback
4th Oct 2002, 21:32
Anymore "news" in this area ? AA seem to be picking work up from under our nose, they certainly seem to know how to get it, would really like to know how they do it and what makes the difference? don't say good planes and low wages. but on the other hand its close to the time when they close down their UK ops.

UFGBOY
5th Oct 2002, 12:17
IMHO, it's becoz EAC rates are too high compare to AAI; also the ability to take other carriers cabin crews and 'convert' them onto AAI procedures within days as opposed to the UK CAA's requirement that crew have to do virtually an ab-initio course when all that would be needed under JAR would be a quick conversion - you can then send your own SCCM over to WAGGA WAGGA land, put Wagga airs employees on your a-c and hey presto - you have a damp lease a-c with your own airlines juniors at a fraction of the cost