PDA

View Full Version : 'Flea' Emirates (or Is EK up to Scratch??!!)

gulf_slf
14th Sep 2002, 09:28
It has come to my notice that the ?award winning? airline for surly indifferent service, atrocious food and misplaced reservations has yet another accolade to put in the trophy cabinet!!

Word comes to me of a lady travelling back from Manchester to DXB who found that during and after the flight that her skin was itching in places, with little red spots. Believing that this must be an allergy to something that she had eaten, or the return to the sticky heat of the Gulf at the end of the summer, she went to the doctor to make sure it was nothing serious.

She was somewhat taken aback when the doctor informed her that the cause of the problem was an infestation of fleas!!

I understand that the poor lady has had to fumigate her house as well as apply anti-treatment to family!! I doubt if the airline has undertaken such action to remove the high-flying parasitic insects?

Given that they jump several times their own length in one bound it would not take long for the whole a/c to become infested ?no class exempted!! This happened some 10 days back so no doubt there are several more Emirates ?pax? suffering the attentions of these little blood suckers (not to be confused with the EK management!!)??.

Stewardess to Pax; ? Sir, would you like so anti-histamine cream to go with the back-scratcher? Sorry no anti-inflammatory drugs on the trolley?.I?ll be back in a couple of tics!!?

Eastwest Loco
14th Sep 2002, 13:13
One of my business class passengers was denied boarding on an EK flight to LHR because a rag head sheik's son wanted to take his parrot to London.

Seems we infidels are just an accessory.

EWL

bealine
16th Sep 2002, 08:59
Okay - Perhaps some kind soul from the CAA or Port Health would like to comment on why EK seems to be the only long-haul airline exempted from spraying pesticide prior to landing in the UK!

Fiction
22nd Sep 2002, 10:00
BEALINE.

WRONG !!!! All Emirates flights have their cabin sprayed on departure from DXB:cool: :cool: :cool:

Boss Raptor
22nd Sep 2002, 22:27
I got fleas from sitting in a Sudan Airways A310...luckily I used the Michael Palin 'Pole to Pole' method of avoiding any further illnesses from the grotty toilets...plenty of Imodium!