PDA

View Full Version : C130 Over the Dorset Coast?

Speedbird252
13th Sep 2002, 20:14
G`day all, just had a call from my mother down on the Dorset Coast, some low level fixed wing four engine turboprop stuff going on in her overhead, sounds like a couple of Hercs in a tight knit ? She lives on Chesil Beach and they have been wizzing around for a while.

Anyone have a clue as to what they were up to? Very unusual for this type of thing dine theyer.

(She thinks we are preparing for war)

Kind Regards,

Speedy

:rolleyes:

STANDTO
14th Sep 2002, 18:06
tell her it's none of her business

gijoe
14th Sep 2002, 20:23
Tell her that OSB has been spotted in a fishing boat off of Weymouth and the C130s were waiting for the word from No 10 to go and nuke him.

That should get her talking...;)

Vectac Widger
15th Sep 2002, 23:37
Nothing unusual in this. C130 low level activity over Dorset has been regular and steady since I've lived here (9 years). 3 and 4-ships are not uncommon, including night work.

Not much at weekends (Thurs - Tues for the crabs!).

coley chaos
16th Sep 2002, 11:50
I was at Portland Heights Hotel Wednesday, and saw 2 herks at low level over Portland Bill heading into Lyme Bay, then 3 herks seconds later over Porland Harbour ,again heading Lyme Bay. The 2 ship then flew over HMS Argus and dropped boats / geminis?

Theyve been doing stuff all last week. They picked the most lovely evening to do this, as Portland is stuck out in the channel and you can see over to Start Point and the tors of Dartmoor, aswell as the lovely sunsets, the beautifull Chesil Beach , oh I could go on........:)