PDA

View Full Version : BA Aptitude Tests

BA Wannabee
26th Jan 2001, 20:00
I've just found out that I've failed the aptitude tests with BA - for the second time. Both times I've failed on the verbal reasoning which is really getting me down. I've got A-levels, degree, PPL and a few years experience in the IT industry and consider myself to be reasonably clued up, but I just can't get past their verbal test.

The first time I did them I didn't answer all the questions (missed about 15), this time I worked much quicker and answered them all but still failed. I feel as if I'm banging my head against a wall!

Anybody got any good tactics for the test, and any ideas as to how I can positively prepare for it?

BA Wannabee
27th Jan 2001, 16:11
Does anyone have anything to add?

JT8
27th Jan 2001, 16:42
Sorry that you didn't get through mate. I got the same letter about a week ago. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

As for verbal reasoning (which isn't my strength either), I read a technique somebody suggested here on pprune:

Get a good newspaper (as in not the Sport, but the Times, Guardian etc.) Pick an article which has no real interest to you. Read it, and then write down in your own words what you think the main points / arguaments were. It will probably get boring but done regularly should help.

Being a thicko, I didn'd do this but I will for next time. I did do all the practice on the SHL website but found these P*** easy in comparison to the real ones they use in BA.

Good luck, keep your chin up and maybe I'll see you next year

JT8

BA Wannabee
29th Jan 2001, 14:16
JT8...

Thanks for the advice. Good luck for next time.