PDA

View Full Version : dakar, senegal

ifzulu001
13th Sep 2002, 18:02
hi to all,
i finaly made it to dakar, looking for a flying position. this message goes to all the fellow pilots in west africa: can you give me any advise on which doors to knock, who to contact, where to go, which bars to have a drink to meet other pilots.
any usefull (or unusefull) info will be rewarded by a couple of beers in the bar of your choice :)

a bientôt

yoff
13th Sep 2002, 22:52
welcome to dkr the land of yf (and gazelle/ flag), come on round to ozio, petite mamel beach or find us on the apron at november 10, sa,canadian and a whole group of party animals are here, come on over for a braai. 6539324 is our cell no. here. the cell network is useless but keep on trying.

regards
duey huey and louis

ZAZOO
13th Sep 2002, 23:51
Well there you go and hopefuly in the next few weeks you will have a flying job :)

ifzulu001 bienvenue en afrique et bonne chance, I wish you all the best and have fun ;)

Zazoo

Gunship
14th Sep 2002, 05:21
Zulu - welcome to the Wild West and well done - that is the only way to do it - GET THERE !

Cheers and Brgds,

ifzulu001
14th Sep 2002, 17:14
:) WHEW! thanks to all for this warm welcome! :)
I'll get in touch with y'all real soon.
MECI

gravitysux
14th Sep 2002, 18:02
That definetly is the way to go man!!!...Get there...Im new to these forums (have been folowing all the advice) and think that you deserve a beer on me..are there any tokens here on pprune I can send you that you can cash in from "Dakar to Cape Town" for a beer from all the unemployed pilots like myself..YOU have the "right stuff" go man go!!!!!
keep us all updated on you adventures.....
Hey does this forum have a web site to check out who the oakes are and were they have been like : a journal thing...good idea I think..ppruneres coming to you live from..Gunship..would need a site all for himself..and for his bottle of TAS (ies) too of course
Its good to be here on pprune finally!
later dudes
and remember
GRAVITYSUX!!!!
;)

senkrcha
16th Sep 2002, 01:21
Welcome to good old Senegal. It is not a bad place to be. Ozio is definitely the place to be, though it was quite tonight. You should also check out Blue Moon or Iguane if you are downtown.

I have no idea who is hiring at the moment, the choice is limited of course. I posted the details of Air Senegal a few months ago, here it is again. Though "Yoff" probably knows more about what is going on right at the moment.

Air Sénégal International
Direction de l"Exploitation
Aéroport Léopold Sédar Senghor
B.P. 29127 Dakar-Yoff
Sénégal.

Tel: ++221-820-0445

Best of luck.

canileb
18th Sep 2002, 18:47
Hi all,

now, about Dakar: yes, it is probably one of the nicest places in West Africa and life can be quite sweet... if you have a job that is. ifzulu001, we have already met and we talked about this but for those of you who are thinking about coming to this part of the world to look for a job, I suggest you try Ivory Coast or Gabon first. Unfortunately, there are very few (read: none) jobs in Senegal. Air Senegal International is hiring (they have big expansion plans) but co-pilots must be Senegalese (quite normal actually). They are hiring foreign B737 captains so go for it if you have the rating and the hours... I admire ifzulu001 for coming here (very impressive, my friend) on a courageous mission to find a flying job and I would recommend that you all do the same! The aim of this post is not to discourage you from coming to Africa but rather to allow you to make an informed decision.

Best of luck!

P.S.: senkrcha, have we met?

Gunship
19th Sep 2002, 05:24
Gravitysux ... welcome boet glad you are "on board" and enjoy the landings. Yeah you will see I have more than 150 posts but at least it is spread over three years ... oh bye the way "" ....Happy Birthday Gunss, Happy Birthday to yourself happy happy Gunsss ... three years as a PPRUNER " ... something to celebrate tonight. Will check on the TASSIE's in stock.

Back to Dakar: Is the flying club pub still operational - used to be great fun :cool: and then "SAO BRAZIL" and a beauty called "Mano" inside ... uhmmm I mean she is in the pub working behind the counter :o ... send her regards from BIG Gun please :D

Enjoy and hope you French is better than mine as it was a nightmare for this boer and his broken Inglish - never mind French.

Cheers,