PDA

View Full Version : New Engineering Facility At Wollongong

gunshy67
13th Sep 2002, 17:27
Anyone have any details of a new engineering facility planned for Wollongong?

After the vandalism of aircraft and fuel installation the other night, security would be high on the agenda I would think.

Centaurus
14th Sep 2002, 12:54
Rumour has it that the new facility is for Boeing 737 engineering maintenance.

YIPYIO
15th Sep 2002, 00:01
All rumours are correct.
Qantas is moving their maintenance facilities to Wollongong so they can lap up the extra opportunities available by looking after the other four aircraft based at the aerodrome - oh, make that three after the other night's little episode!;)
Whilst we make light of the situation; remember we will all pay in the long run with increased insurance premiums, security costs etc etc etc.:(
As to the fuel bowser being mangled by the runaway piper cherokee; I suggest the vandals were very lucky that they ran into it 'cause the other option might have been an aircraft airborne with some untrained idiot at the controls - whoops; guess I just described any regional airport on a Sunday morning eh?:p (Just kidding!)

PROPSWINGA
20th Sep 2002, 07:36
Does anyone know the status of AVIEX due at Wollongong in November?
Last rumour was that the airshow was canned by CASA and the promised facilities at Wollongong will not be ready in time.( tents only available!)...any updates available?:p

Wheeler
20th Sep 2002, 10:09
Is there seriously any plans for maintenance anywhere other than GAAP's around Sydney? WOL is certainly a place that could use it - and who knows if the rent is less then BK/CN etc they might even have a chance of making a little money.